Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michigan has a youth hunt the last week of Sept.I took my son Devin to my buddys 40 acres and sat on top of a big hill.We moved a little after 4 hrs and 5 mins after we sat in the new spot 3 does came down the trail.He was going to shoot one of them BUT forgot to click the safty off.That turned out to be a good thing cause 5 mins later this 6 point buck came down the same trail and gave him a perfact quarting away shot.What a proud father I am!!!I even got tears in my eyes when we found it 30 yrds away.Awesome day in the woods!!!

P.S. sorry the pic quaility isn't the best I had to take it with my phone:(

Attachments

·
THE BAR Bartender
21,269 Posts
congratulations, both of you will remember a first deer together for all the years to come.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Congrats! The first deer is always special. Especially when it's a buck. Tell him good job. :clap:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
681 Posts
I experienced the very same thing with my son just a week ago....It's an experience that cannot be fully put into words!!!

Congrats to your son on the clean kill and his 1st whitetail!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Way to go, i am sure you were more excited than he was :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Awesome job, please tell him congrats on a fine deer....and I fully understand the tear part because my son got his first deer last year with a gun. I had him (now 11 yr old) in the stand last night with his bow for the first time. We didn't seee anything, but that is hunting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts