Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
can I shoot it?
17,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the specs on the Mathews Wake released on the website, I can see that it won't be the bow for me with a 5in brace, but I do like the idea of the new riser design with the AVS system with the chill cams and rock mods. Give me the new riser on a hunting style bow with a 6.5-7.25brace and around 4lb and you would have a heck of a hunting bow.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
It would be such a phenomenal shooting bow at 7 inch brace height. I'm sure it already is though. The avs cams are amazing, smooth and quiet, paired with the new riser which is also extremely quiet, stiff, vibe free, and very long and it would hands down be the best shooting bow on the market. I am totally confident in saying that

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Have any of you guys shot any of the newer 5in brace height bows? The ones I have shot are way more accurate than the older 5in bows of years ago.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Have any of you guys shot any of the newer 5in brace height bows? The ones I have shot are way more accurate than the older 5in bows of years ago.
I have. Nothing against them they just aren't for me. At 29 DL and hunting clothes they just are too finicky. 6 is my minimum that I would go. But 7 is just perfect for me.

·
12,017 Posts
With the specs on the Mathews Wake released on the website, I can see that it won't be the bow for me with a 5in brace, but I do like the idea of the new riser design with the AVS system with the chill cams and rock mods. Give me the new riser on a hunting style bow with a 6.5-7.25brace and around 4lb and you would have a heck of a hunting bow.
Exactly.

·
Placebo Power!
12,050 Posts
Looks like a tough sell. 5" brace to get a 352 IBO? It is ts going to make other bows seem great.

Edit-
Oh crap, I just saw the price. Nothing else matters now. It won't sell in any numbers.

·
Big Damn Arrow Slinger
3,030 Posts
accuracy is not a problem for me with 5" bh bows. at 5" i get a lot of string contact as soon as i wear something like a slightly loose hoody.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,528 Posts
Weighs like it's made out of lead.
Priced like it's made out of gold.
Performance not all that great for 5" BH - other are doing that with 6"
Tiny portion of buying population has ANY interest in a 5" BH, especially for hunting purposes.

Might be well made and a good performer if you want a 5" BH, don't mind a really heavy bare bow and are rich enough to afford it.

I think this will be a loss leader for Mathews. I don't really understand why they produced this bow.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Weighs like it's made out of lead.
Priced like it's made out of gold.
Performance not all that great for 5" BH - other are doing that with 6"
Tiny portion of buying population has ANY interest in a 5" BH, especially for hunting purposes.

Might be well made and a good performer if you want a 5" BH, don't mind a really heavy bare bow and are rich enough to afford it.

I think this will be a loss leader for Mathews. I don't really understand why they produced this bow.
I agree. The only people that buy this bow are those that do it for bragging rights due to cost.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Smooth draw, mostly neutral riser, great speed. I see nothing wrong with it. Everyone wanted a no cam with speed and now you got it. I bet this bow is one of the deadest and quietest 350+ ibo bows on the market.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
What I think is funny is this is the avs cam, extremely smooth and not meant for serious speed. And it's 35 ATA and they are getting 355. That's very impressive and still you have the same group of people saying unimpressive speeds. Lol get real. The only negative thing about this bow is its price point. That being said I bet I could get one for 1400. Is it worth that? Again, not to me.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
If this bow was the same price as the htr I bet they would sell more of the wake. I know they would sell more with a 6" brace version of this bow.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Smooth draw, mostly neutral riser, great speed. I see nothing wrong with it. Everyone wanted a no cam with speed and now you got it. I bet this bow is one of the deadest and quietest 350+ ibo bows on the market.
This, I saw so many posts on " why didnt they put the chill cams on the htr" now you have the fastest 35in ata bow out, a huge long heavy riser will be hard to torque just like the htr is, the only reason you wouldnt want to shoot it is for the mentioned bulky clothing but an arm guard would sort that out

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
They need to take the htr riser and the chillr and combine the two. Have a 33-34in ata with a 6-6.5in brace, around a 345ibo, between 4-4.3lbs and a 1100-1200 dollar msrp! Then they would have a hell of a hunting bow!

·
Dont sing it, bring it!!
4,607 Posts
They need to take the htr riser and the chillr and combine the two. Have a 33-34in ata with a 6-6.5in brace, around a 345ibo, between 4-4.3lbs and a 1100-1200 dollar msrp! Then they would have a hell of a hunting bow!
I'd buy one!

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
It would be there best selling bow ever.

·
Registered
719 Posts
i like the design and the speed just not the brace height and i just think the weight of that bow is ridiculous over 5+ pounds is quite heavy without anthing on it, by the time you add everything your getting up there and would probably weigh more then my freestyle tournament bow.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I don't get it. First mathews comes out with the slowest 1000 dollar bow on the market, granted it's quiet and dead in the hand but one would expect it to be with the speed
it produces. Now they come out with slowest 5" bh bow on the market for 1700 dollars and it weighs a ton. I'm sure mathews will still sell a bunch of them to the loyal mathews
shooters, I just don't understand the direction mathews is going.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Absolutely agree, I understand the bh is only 5", but If it draws anything like the ChillX with a 2" lower bh the draw cycle will be the best 350+ bow out there, IMO of course.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts