Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With not alot of time I can spend in the woods the rest of the bow season (only a few days left) I figured just fill a tag. I hate the tase of tag soup, kinda bitter.

Burger deer.....5pt 15yr shot

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Definitely going to taste a lot better than a tag! Congrats man

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
Who cares its not a monster you got meat Congrats

·
Feedn The Geese
12,001 Posts
im beginning to think in central pa, you better shoot whatever you have an opportunity to shoot. i left a buck a little bigger than that walk two weeks ago, im rethinking why but i had a doe in the freezer and another doe tag. its a damn good thing theres doe's or little bucks would be dropping like flies from this guy. i gotta remind myself, this isnt a trophy buck state and if you see one its luck more so than normal. good deer

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys...

I been hunting all I can the past 6 days straight and seen alot of chasing going on, BUT DAM you cant stop them when on a doe. So I just said take what you get since the price of NY tags keep going $$$ fillem if you can.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
im beginning to think in central pa, you better shoot whatever you have an opportunity to shoot. i left a buck a little bigger than that walk two weeks ago, im rethinking why but i had a doe in the freezer and another doe tag. its a damn good thing theres doe's or little bucks would be dropping like flies from this guy. i gotta remind myself, this isnt a trophy buck state and if you see one its luck more so than normal. good deer

Couldn't disagree more, but everyone has their opinion

·
Registered
27,118 Posts
Congrats on the buck. Antlers are nice but I just like seeing deer and getting chances. Now your freezer is full.

Depending upon where you hunt, PA can be a great trophy buck state. There's been some real nice PA buck kills posted up here this year.

·
Feedn The Geese
12,001 Posts
its funny how you guys in the southern corners say that. you should come up here where the deer used to be and have a look sometime. seeing a deer... let alone a buck... is something rare. theres a reason they cut 12000 doe tags in 4d. i understand some places are hot hot, erie, pittsburg, burkes... but when you dont live there its tough to make those trips to find access. plus, the biggest bucks are coming out of places youd never think, suburbs of the city, where huge tracts of land act as a sanctuary. guys shouldnt come to pa expecting to shoot giant deer though. i shouldnt have said that, i apologize, yes there are some places you can kill a big deer in pa. it could be done right here in the centre as well if you have a piece to manage or exclusive access to great land. ive always said hunting is 10% skill, 90% location.

sorry to get off topic

·
Registered
2,527 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Looks like lots of great meals with the family right there.

Old indian once said you cant eat horns. Congrats.
DB

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Great deer. Congrats!:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 23 Posts