Archery Talk Forum banner

(Not Archery Related) Darts

345 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Fishman1113
I'm looking to get into darts. I just went out and bought a cheap Halex electronic dart board (Bad Idea). It came with some cheap light darts so I bought some 18 gram darts and they will not stick in the board. Anyone have a good quality soft tip dart board built to handle 18 gram or heavier darts? Should I just forget about soft tips and get a real setup for steel? I'm budgeting myself to under $100. So If you have a darting setup that you don't use anymore and it is just taking up space let me know. Also if you are into darts and have any recommendations for quality boards and other equipment I could use all the advise I can get. Like I said I am just getting into this and it seems like all I can find at the stores are cheap crap. Thanks.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
442 Posts
Just go ahead and get a bristle board and steel tip darts. You can get a Halex bristle board for around $30. And decent darts for around $20-$30. Even the cheaper brass darts are decent for a beginner. I have been into darts on and off since I was a kid, I'm still not very good though.

· Registered
552 Posts
Go with a bristle board and spend a few bucks on some good darts. Hammerhead are my favorite. You can get a set of them for as low as 50 bucks. Once you get good and want to spend some bucks they got some higher end darts and boards also. Do your self a favor though, don't set up on a cement floor. If you do, place a rubber mat under the board. Not a bad idea no matter what flooring you got. You will get bounce offs no matter how good you are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.