Archery Talk Forum banner

Not covering target

507 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Bowdon
Does anyone sight there pins slightly to the side so as not to cover the target?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,868 Posts
Sometimes catch myself holding low.I guess I want to see the spot. I notice if I stare at the spot and not worry about the pin it follows what I want to hit and its not a issue.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thing is that the pins cover the spot I want to hit. Even if Im gapping, the pins seem to halo on me, especially in low light. I was thinking of adjusting them to be slightly to the side and see how it works out.

· Registered
661 Posts
i have to really force myself to cover the target, i always come up from below and many times hit low because of that. but once i take a couple of shots and get in the groove i'm fine, but that only seems to be when i'm shooting at a block target, when i shoot 3d i don't have that problem, i don't know, maybe i'm messed up :confused:

· Registered
1,344 Posts
i have to really force myself to cover the target, i always come up from below and many times hit low because of that. but once i take a couple of shots and get in the groove i'm fine, but that only seems to be when i'm shooting at a block target, when i shoot 3d i don't have that problem, i don't know, maybe i'm messed up :confused:
No you're not, I do the same thing:wink:

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Extending you sight out more from the bow it will make then look smaller. It depend on what your aiming at small spot small pins. My self I use a pin on my hunting bow that I can see and my target bow a scope. The larger pins work fine on deer but, 3D's the small dot in the scope works best for me and I can see the dot in a scope. I'm a old man and don't see as good as I did when I was younger. When used my hunting bow on 3D's the fiber pins are to bright and big to pick out the 12 ring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.