Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im not posting this to get bashed in any way so if you dont have constuctive input dont input!!!! ..... by nature i am or should i say was a right handed shooter my i lost central vision in my right eye so now im shoting left handed i am real pleased with my 20yd group but i am not happy with 30yd i guess on average i am in with in a 6 inch dia with them and that is just not acceptable with me i woul dlike to be able to stack them on top of each other! is there any theng i can do or work on to improve this ? i will have the Mrs. take pics of my form tomarrow so i can post them and you can checkout that aspect of it thansk for any suggestions and help.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
It may be a strength issue, being right handed and shooting left? You might need to just strengthen up those muscles you're not used to using. Your probably also right with need to check your form. Good luck with the switch. From one lefty to another:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I Am Doing The Same Thing This Year Switching From Right Hand To Left. It's Been Taking Longer Than I Hoped But My Groups Are Starting To Tighten Up. My Biggest Problem So Far Has Been Getting My Left Hand To Operate The Release Smoothly. Not Much Of A Suggestion I Know But It Is Taking Longer Than I Thought It Would. Keep Shooting.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
lkrus said:
well im not posting this to get bashed in any way so if you dont have constuctive input dont input!!!! ..... by nature i am or should i say was a right handed shooter my i lost central vision in my right eye so now im shoting left handed i am real pleased with my 20yd group but i am not happy with 30yd i guess on average i am in with in a 6 inch dia with them and that is just not acceptable with me i woul dlike to be able to stack them on top of each other! is there any theng i can do or work on to improve this ? i will have the Mrs. take pics of my form tomarrow so i can post them and you can checkout that aspect of it thansk for any suggestions and help.
Thats always a great way to start a post when you are asking people for help/advice. :rolleyes:

I think you should have started the post by saying: 'Can someone help me, if not, keep your damn mouth shut'...:rolleyes:

·
Archery is a Passion...
3,015 Posts
Maybe a combination of the 2 comments above are key. Maybe you should consider dropping your draw weight a bit until you strength and muscle memory gets more automatic. Also, depends on how well you are doing with the release, maybe shooting blind bail would help you concentrate on the release process at the same time building muscle memory and strength?

Good Luck, I recently shot a left hand bow for a while and was really enjoying it, almost like a whole new start on shooting.

thenson

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
OK, it's "tomorrow". Where's the pics?

Seriously, good advice to drop the weight down till your NEW muscles develop some memory. They gotta learn to do something in a different direction from the past. ROME wasn't built in a day.

I'm looking forward to the pics. Then I can bash you but good. LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts