Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the doctor today and found out I have a broken arm. It is broke up past the wrist but before the elbow. Any ideas on how long it may take to heal. I am so bummed with bow season starting in the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Did your doctor give you an idea... they usually do or atleast the one's that patched me back togther anyway.

It all depends on the break, where it is, how good your body heals, and a lot of things. Best I can tell you to do is follow your doctors directions and then get out there. I got to hunt 6 times last year 5 of which was only half day hunts and that is the most I have hunted in the last 8 years so... it wont kill you to miss the beginning of bow season. Just heal up and get back out there.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
What type of fracture was it? Hairline, compound etc. I would think that you should be able hunt in a month or so if the fracture was not that bad. I broke my arm when I was a kid and I remember that after a few weeks I could do just about anything. Just remember that if it is your draw hand that doctors don't like you pulling a lot with a broken arm. Just my opinion. I'm not a MD but I did stay in a Holiday in Express last night:wink: Good luck and don't rush it. Oh yeah you can also ask your doctor. He/she is way smarter than myself.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
All you need is a creative cast, and you will be ready to go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts