Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made another post about some vibration on my new Mathews sbxt that I couldn't seem to shake. Well the more I ponder the more I want to point at the rest as the culprit. I am shooting 4" feathers, as well as some brand new 2" rayzr feathers with cock feather up; both are making contact. I know the 4" ones are due to the little green bits of feather on the side of the shelf on the riser. I know the 2" ones are due to the left feather(when viewed from nock) being very tattered and worn after only 30-40 shots. However, it seems that some arrows will hit where I am aiming, and others will hit to the right; b/c of the feather contact. Has anyone else had problems like this with this rest? How the heck do I get fletchings to clear? Or will this rest simply not work on the narrow shelf of a Mathews switchback XT? I am not happy with the results thus far. Opinions welcome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
whammy

Archery shop pushed the rest on me when I bought my gt500.I had it one day and sold it on e-bay the next week.Installed a qad hd ld had no problems.Whammy in my opinion is a good rest just way to hard to set up perfect and it has to be perfect.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Pull the cord out of the brass trigger and make sure the rest is firing by pulling it down with your finger. I had one of the early whammy's that the internal trigger started sticking in it. They have since changed the design to eliminate this.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Pull the cord out of the brass trigger and make sure the rest is firing by pulling it down with your finger. I had one of the early whammy's that the internal trigger started sticking in it. They have since changed the design to eliminate this.
I had problems with the earlier design too. I have the new one mounted on my Prestige and so far it seems ok. We'll see.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I seem to be having a similar problem with clearance on with my whammy rest. I have a Martin MV2. It has very narrow shelf clearance and have been experiancing the same issue. I have had thoughts that the rest might be comming back up before the fletchings have cleared? With the narrow and short clearance on my martin if I set up the rest so it doesnt contact the riser on the downfall my arrow sits well above the berger hole. almost 3/4". If I bring the prongs down with the set screw so it can sit closer to the berger hole without striking the riser I have issues with the fletching hitting the horizontal bar. I am shooting blazer vanes they are about 1/16" taller than my 4" aae vanes. I might go back to the aae to get a little more clearance

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Kbeaner, the cock feather should be down.

Both, the Whammy install sequence per the website needs to be followed with precision to get the timing correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts