Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Penetrator
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My season starts next Saturday September 10th and I cannot wait! I've had my bow fully tuned including broadheads and fp's hitting the same spot since July. I've got a 7 arrow quiver loaded with broadheads all spin-tested and ready to kill and I'm shooting lights out practicing whenever I have free time!

With all the posts of people buying new bows now, or just starting to tune their bows, who else on here didn't wait till the last minute to get ready for the season? It sure is a good feeling isn't it??? 8D

Especially having full confidence in my setup if/when this big guy steps out!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I had My bow all Ready, Sighted, BH tuned, Practice up. Then took it to the shop to have strings put on. and they bent the riser. now i am sposed to get my new bow tomarrow. then paper tune it, walk back tune it, sight it in, BH tune, and practice with it. then practice out of the stand. all before Sept. 15. It was a good feeling, not so much anymore.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have been ready since last season ended!!!!!! been killing foam all summer and know it's time for some fury targets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
With all the posts of people buying new bows now, or just starting to tune their bows, who else on here didn't wait till the last minute to get ready for the season? It sure is a good feeling isn't it??? [/img]
Year round addiction helps alot, and damn... good luck with that sucker!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was ready until the strings broke on my brand new Martin after 39 days. I have a Bear Attack coming in soon, but I won't be ready by Sept 10. Looks like I am starting the season with a Crossbow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had My bow all Ready, Sighted, BH tuned, Practice up. Then took it to the shop to have strings put on. and they bent the riser. now i am sposed to get my new bow tomarrow. then paper tune it, walk back tune it, sight it in, BH tune, and practice with it. then practice out of the stand. all before Sept. 15. It was a good feeling, not so much anymore.
I just joined your party. Been shooting for months and now sent to get a string put on and viola DELAY. Fingers crossed its ready to sling on the 17th!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I have been ready for 10 months. 31 days and counting. I need a new waist pack and cant decide which one. I decided last night to add one more hang on for a east wind. Kind of rare to have that wind in the fall here but ... just in case. That puts my stand count to eight great spots to hunt.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Are you kidding?
Unfortunately not. I only took up Hunting last year at the age of 33 and I bought a Martin Cheetah as my FIRST hunting bow from Academy in Auburn AL and started shooting for the first time since Boy Scouts. I noticed a lot of fraying and at 39 days the serving fell apart. I emailed Martin and my new bow was a 2009 model. Apparently Martin Strings have an expiration date. The only way they would consider anything was if I drove back to freaking AL and had the store call them to say the string was bad. Then they stopped returning my emails.I consulted an archery pro shop and they said it should be good at least until after season so I had it re-served. About 2 weeks later it broke on me mid-draw and exploded. Luckily I didn't have it up to my face yet so only my arm got injured a little. It is a shame that a company would lose a lifetime hunter over refusing to replace a bad string. But I will never buy another Martin bow. Luckily I have a Parker Cyclone crossbow to tide me over until my Bear Attack gets here. Parker on the other hand was outstanding. I am pretty sure that it was on this forum I complained about the noise. From my forum post, Parker replied and sent me out free replacement parts even though I bought it used. On the upside, even though Academy has a no return policy on bows, they made an exception in my case because of what happened and Martin's lack of quality and support.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Not 80% ready but I shoot extremely well, just might not out to the further range I wanted to be this year. But I have the extra time to prepare for the most part. Bows are in tune, just have to bh tune and I will be all set. I picked up a lighter target because I have a hard time moving my blob by myself to where I can shoot. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Both of my bows are ready to go. Ive been shooting them since the season ended last year. Im shooting great! I need to get some slick tricks and ill be ready to go.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
July seems pretty last minute to me.

I once owned a bow less than 4 hrs and killed with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts