Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up in case you were planning on ordering one before the season. I was looking at ordering a Helo a few weeks ago and went back to their website today and noticed prices have gone up by $100 on both stands.

That's a pretty substantial increase, even with today's inflation and supply chain issues.

At that price point, it really puts one on the fence about spending a little more and going with a lighter, more spacious option from another manufacturer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm good on stands, thank goodness. I do need 1 or 2 sets of their double step sticks.
Good lord, double sticks of 4 went up to $299
That's nice you're stocked up on stands, but yea that's also tough pill to swallow for their sticks. I've got several LW Alphas that I use as fixed stands on private since they are roomy and the quiestest I have used. I just use cheap steel sticks for those fixed stands and upgrade to stainless bolts and beefier straps after a couple seasons of use. Already regret selling my LW hand climber last year since it looks like those are no longer being made.

I've been packing a LW Alpha a mile plus on public the past few years and was looking to lighten the load a bit, but might just continue to get a workout in this season.

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
That's nice you're stocked up on stands, but yea that's also tough pill to swallow for their sticks. I've got several LW Alphas that I use as fixed stands on private since they are roomy and the quiestest I have used. I just use cheap steel sticks for those fixed stands and upgrade to stainless bolts and beefier straps after a couple seasons of use. Already regret selling my LW hand climber last year since it looks like those are no longer being made.

I've been packing a LW Alpha a mile plus on public the past few years and was looking to lighten the load a bit, but might just continue to get a workout in this season.
Pray that they put out a couple promo codes!

·
Registered
9,448 Posts
I work in correlation to the steel industry (yes i know their stands are aluminum, but aluminum is also skyrocketing), raw material costs have done nothing but gone up the past year and half, and are showing signs of skyrocketing again as this year progresses. Honestly I'm shocked they didn't pass this increase along sooner. I wouldn't be surprised to see another increase or two throughout the year!

·
Registered
810 Posts
And this is why Lone Wolf failed and Andre took it back. Do nothing, charge the same, lose the company. Rename it, SLIGHTLY innovate, but still lag behind, and then raise prices to ballpark LWCG prices. Won't be long and novix will be gone too.

·
Registered
810 Posts
So if they use $100 worth of aluminum per stand and that aluminum doubles to $200 and they go up $100 that's BS?? I'm not following that logic. I work with aluminum every day and our cost has more than doubled since last year. Almost tripled.
Big difference between cast and raw aluminum. Whole lot less waste. They have product cost increase no doubt, but $100 on an already high stand for what you get? No thanks.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
So if they use $100 worth of aluminum per stand and that aluminum doubles to $200 and they go up $100 that's BS?? I'm not following that logic. I work with aluminum every day and our cost has more than doubled since last year. Almost tripled.
Though I am not in the metals business I am not naieve enough to believe that 12 pounds of CAST Aluminum cost $200.

Quick Google search shows scrap metal price for cast Aluminum is 60 cents per pound.

·
Registered
Solution/Insanity CPX/HHA Tetra//Hexx 260, Carter Too Simple
807 Posts
Wow. I picked up 2 echo and 2 sets of the single step climbing sticks the end of hunting season 2021 for around $800 with a deal they had now its $1176 for the same set up o_Oo_Oo_O

Edit. Just found the email receipt. $649 shipped. It would have been around $800 WITHOUT the discount. These prices are insane

1 - 20 of 42 Posts