Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
A VERY good alternative is the older API alumalock hangons which were bolted together. I sold a PROTOTYPE that weighed about 5(yes you read that right) pounds. It barely had room for my size 12's. I currently have one left of a more tractable size. About 7 lbs or so with the hollowcore poly rope attachment.

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
They are just squeezing their customers for every penny they can. I call BS .

We know materials went up, even if they doubled you're only talking a few bucks on a 12 pound treestand. Not the $100 they are sticking to their consumers.
I agree totally. They, Novix will suffer in the end.
Maybe that's why LWCG, Beast stands is so expensive...they fortune tellers. Lol

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
A VERY good alternative is the older API alumalock hangons which were bolted together. I sold a PROTOTYPE that weighed about 5(yes you read that right) pounds. It barely had room for my size 12's. I currently have one left of a more tractable size. About 7 lbs or so with the hollowcore poly rope attachment.
Here in Ohio, when it started getting cold those alum-i-loks would start popping and creaking. That was many moons ago and anything bolted together will do the same.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
They are just squeezing their customers for every penny they can. I call BS .

We know materials went up, even if they doubled you're only talking a few bucks on a 12 pound treestand. Not the $100 they are sticking to their consumers.
Novix sucks. Pure greed at work

Aluminum did NOT double

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Oh no, don’t bring this up. The forum goers need an enemy to yell about. These points of truth will only enrage them.
No doubt wage costs and shipping costs have increased as well. I also work in an industry that purchases a lot of aluminum and luckily we haven’t seen costs double in the past year. Everything has gone up, but a sudden 40% jump in the total cost of a product will definitely make customers consider other options. With inflation, when retail prices go up and people begin to believe they are the new norm, rarely do they go down soon, if at all, so this could be something we could see more of from other manufacturers. I mean who wants to take a pay cut when the Fed finally gets a handle on inflation? Companies may be more inclined to offer discount codes throughout the year as business slows and competition increases. Getting way off on economics now, but just wanted to give you guys a heads up as we may be seeing this from others. I think most here would agree that LW/Novix make a good product and hopefully will stick around and come back down on their prices when they are able to do so.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
There was a rumor on here that LW was coming back. Haven't seen or heard anything though. Guess it was just that, a rumor
Supposedly LWCG is bringing back the cast Lone Wolf line. But not until next year I believe.

I was literally looking at the Helo earlier this week and saw that they were back ordered until 5/1. The prices were still normal. Can’t justify that much for a stand when I have an XOP Vanish and a Windwalker to use. Not to mention a saddle setup. Interested to see what the updated XOP climber is like. Supposed to be coming out this summer.

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
Sorry, but I think their prices are gonna be the norm from here on out. I can't remember a manufacture come back down on cost.
When I emailed them earlier I asked them about promo codes......no response!

·
Registered
27,949 Posts
I'm good on stands at present with a Millennium M7, older LW Assault and Cougar Claw climber as the core. With some Christmas money in hand, I was looking for a lightweight set of mini-sticks early this winter and ended up buying a set of Tethred Skeletors instead of the Novix mini-doubles I had been seriously considering. It was predictable that stand, stick and saddle prices would reflect our current culture of unchecked inflation.....over 8% and at a 41 year high. However companies that are raising prices beyond inflation will be remembered by savvy consumers for a long time.....if they survive for a long time. Should you be looking forward to purchases for the fall of '22, it would seem prudent to find the best deals and act now rather than put it off to face potential shortages or price gouging.

·
Registered
8,998 Posts
Are we taking into account wage increases, added shipping costs for raw materials. There is likely more in the hike than just aluminum.
That makes sense, just the cost of doing business keeps going up yearly. In my business I eat the increases every year until I have to finally raise my prices, but this last year increases have been huge.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts