Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through some old files recently and ran across a photo I took while staying at Dave Cousin's house a few years ago.

This is his certificate for setting the World Indoor FITA record. I think it still stands. Dunno for sure.

Now that is a group! And that is 60 arrows. I think he dropped two out of the innner X

OX

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Heck thats nothing, half the members here post they shoot groups like that at 70yds in a 30 mile cross wind everyday.

On a serious note that is very impressive shooting.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
Moosekill said:
Heck thats nothing, half the members here post they shoot groups like that at 70yds in a 30 mile cross wind everyday.

with a opposite handed bow even.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,004 Posts
Moosekill said:

That's what I was thinkin' . . . heck my groups are pretty much the size of one arrow shaft. Dunno why the holes are so big there . .. . :) :wink:

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
The guy is a machine man.
Whats unbelievable is that not only is the entire 10 ring visable and unbroken, you can still see most of the X ring inside!
A well deserved record there.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Moosekill said:

lefty1 said:
and blindfolded too........... :tongue:

all kidding aside great shooting :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Ox you just wanted to brag that you got to stay at dave's house....now post up your groups from all the tips he must have given you!:wink:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
That's pretty good, but.....

I saw a guy in the bowhunting forum the other day say that he NEVER shoots outside a 2" circle at 20 yds. And that's with a hunting bow and broadheads:rolleyes: Poor ol Dave better hope that guy never takes up spot shootng:eek:

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Sure is. I watched DC shoot a 597 at indoor nationals in 2005. Very impressive. I also watched Cory Monahan shoot a 594 at states. :eek: Awesome shooting.
My best ever is a 585, and 579 in a national tourney.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Oxford said:
I was looking through some old files recently and ran across a photo I took while staying at Dave Cousin's house a few years ago.

This is his certificate for setting the World Indoor FITA record. I think it still stands. Dunno for sure.

Now that is a group!

OX

That is unreal.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
Michigander said:
The guy is a machine man
[. . .]
The Discovery Channel ran a documentary on Zen Buddhism and the power of concentration. In addition to sustaining sub-zero temperatures overnight while nearly naked, one sequence was an archery demonstration:

A Korean monk standing inside a room with a very short ATA recurve bow, appearing to concentrate himself into a trance and coming very slowly to full draw, shot an arrow dead center into a wood post at 30 yards distance outside the house. Then an assistant closed a sliding panel between the archer and the post and tied a blindfold over the archer's eyes.

The archer then stood rock solid for what was clocked as two full minutes, concentrating. Then he very slowly raised the bow, drew an arrow from his sash, nocked it, held for about ten seconds and shot it through the door panel. An outside camera showed the arrow coming through the panel and slamming into the post right up against the first one. A perfect blindfolded shot -- at 30 yards.

A human Hooter-Shooter.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
MikeK said:
The Discovery Channel ran a documentary on Zen Buddhism and the power of concentration. In addition to sustaining sub-zero temperatures overnight while nearly naked, one sequence was an archery demonstration:

A Korean monk standing inside a room with a very short ATA recurve bow, appearing to concentrate himself into a trance and coming very slowly to full draw, shot an arrow dead center into a wood post at 30 yards distance outside the house. Then an assistant closed a sliding panel between the archer and the post and tied a blindfold over the archer's eyes.

The archer then stood rock solid for what was clocked as two full minutes, concentrating. Then he very slowly raised the bow, drew an arrow from his sash, nocked it, held for about ten seconds and shot it through the door panel. An outside camera showed the arrow coming through the panel and slamming into the post right up against the first one. A perfect blindfolded shot -- at 30 yards.

A human Hooter-Shooter.
He'd never make the 2-1/2 minute time limit at Vegas.:wink:

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
For people who don't know how this game is shot, that is 60 arrows folks. :) Only the X counts as a 10 instead of the traditional vegas 10 ring. That is a 9 in this game. Hit the x, you get a ten, the rest of the yellow, a 9. I might add the arrows were size 2315 or smaller.

Very impressive score Dave shot.

I haven't shot this game since 2004, when I first picked up archery. It is a fun game to shoot. I learned it to practice for my first Vegas tourny. My best back then was a 590. I need to start shooting it again.

Give it a try, a few months of shooting this and that Vegas 10 ring starts to look pretty big. :D GRIV taught me that.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Amazing shooting. He amazed me personally at one of his classes once by borrowing 4 different style releases including my wrist strap 2 shot and nailing X's with each one.

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
lefty1 said:
i have to admit....if i wasnt there to see DCM do it....in a barn with the door open with somewhat of a crosswind....i wouldnt believe it either.....:wink:

he's just that good...perhaps thats why he used to be somebody and skipped the semi pro ranks and went straight to the big leagues:tongue:

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Moosekill said:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note...

Cousins sure can shoot. That is awesome!

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
onebowtie said:
i have to admit....if i wasnt there to see DCM do it....in a barn with the door open with somewhat of a crosswind....i wouldnt believe it either.....:wink:

he's just that good...perhaps thats why he used to be somebody and skipped the semi pro ranks and went straight to the big leagues:tongue:
OBT, being a lefty myself , I too have shot a right handed bow left handed. it's really no different. try shooting a left handed bow right handed. you'll see. did you say used to be somebody? oj USED to be a good running back, ali USED to be a good boxer. the panthers USED to be a good football team. isn't it all about what have you done lately?

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
lefty1 said:
OBT, being a lefty myself , I too have shot a right handed bow left handed. it's really no different. try shooting a left handed bow right handed. you'll see. did you say used to be somebody? oj USED to be a good running back, ali USED to be a good boxer. the panthers USED to be a good football team. isn't it all about what have you done lately?
Darrin, that sounds like a call out. :D :p

1 - 20 of 39 Posts