Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
My center shot was slightly left of center. Other than that it tuned up great.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My center shot was slightly left of center. Other than that it tuned up great.

how far left cause i was getting a pretty hard to tune tail right and shimmed the cams now im getting tail left and having to move the arrow too far inside w/the rest.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just slightly left, like barely noticeable. The one thing that really threw me off was when I used a counter slide stab. That bow just didn't like it. Went to a regular 10 inch stab and that made a heck of a difference for me. I shimmed before I changed stabs, then went back to factory configuration and the regular stab and ended up where I am now, just a hair left of center.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Same for me. Just a tiny bit to the left of center. No shimming. Running bottom of arrow just shy of top of Berger holes. Dead level 90 degrees. Draw stops hitting at the same time.

Love everything about this bow. First PSE in 15 years, but I’m a little surprised at the sensitivity to grip pressure and lateral torque. At least for me.

I assumed spec wise it would be more forgiving. I removed the grip and results have improved drastically.

But I’ve shot Hoyt the last 10 years, so I’m still getting used to the different platform.

It doesn’t help I’m SUPER OCD and any little discrepancy thru paper drives me nuts. Lol.

Good luck and keep us updated. It’s definitely a shooter.

By the way I’m also only running a 10” stab with a QD. No side stab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
620 Posts
Same for me. Just a tiny bit to the left of center. No shimming. Running bottom of arrow just shy of top of Berger holes. Dead level 90 degrees. Draw stops hitting at the same time.

Love everything about this bow. First PSE in 15 years, but I’m a little surprised at the sensitivity to grip pressure and lateral torque. At least for me.

I assumed spec wise it would be more forgiving. I removed the grip and results have improved drastically.

But I’ve shot Hoyt the last 10 years, so I’m still getting used to the different platform.

It doesn’t help I’m SUPER OCD and any little discrepancy thru paper drives me nuts. Lol.

I have noticed the same thing about how touchy it is on grip torque. I removed the factory grip and shot off the riser for awhile. Now I have side plates.

·
Registered
351 Posts

I had the same issue with the grip, couldn't get consistent tears until I took the grip off. I'm just using hockey tape on the riser now, and I like it that way. I also switched manufactures with the new bow and had previously been shooting Mathews.

I ended up shimming my top cam to get rid of the last little bit of tear I had. I don't remember the numbers but I remember thinking the deflection values on the two top limbs were pretty far apart and it came shimmed closer to the lower deflection, which seemed odd. I moved it as close as I could to the stronger deflection with the spacers that came from the factory and got bullet holes with fletched arrows out to 10 yards through paper, I never did get bullet holes with the bare shafts.

The picture below is a field point, a mechanical, and a fixed blade at 40 - also the last time I've shot two arrows at the same spot with this bow. It's fun to shoot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts