Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
They are pretty cheap. I can't remember if they are solid fiberglass or hollow carbon but the points are really rounded and not removable. I know it's for safety reasons but my son is shooting his at around 14 lbs and he was getting discouraged when the arrows wouldn't stick into the bag target...the kept bouncing off. I replaced them with some Goldtip Lightning kids arrows with real field tips and all is good.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yeah they are some cheap ones. What I have been doing is cutting down my Max 250's when they break for my son. He gets a kick out of it, I let him refletch them, glue in the inserts and uni-bushings. I put a 50 gr. tip on them for him. They end up weighing a couple of grains more than the ones that came with the bow.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Yeah they are some cheap ones. What I have been doing is cutting down my Max 250's when they break for my son. He gets a kick out of it, I let him refletch them, glue in the inserts and uni-bushings. I put a 50 gr. tip on them for him. They end up weighing a couple of grains more than the ones that came with the bow.
+ 1 on CHEAP...

If you want some REAL kid's HIGH PERFORMANCE arrows, get some Carbon Impact Super Club 10/20 arrow shafts. Cut them to length with a couple inches growing room and put some 1.5" to 2" feathers on them. Then cut the points back one section to lighten them up a bit. You will be shocked how fast these buggers will fly! I'll put them up against ANY arrow on the market out of the Nuclear Ice at short draw and light poundage! They are the lightest arrows on the Planet! Everything else will look like you threw it at the target by hand!!!!

The CI Super Clubs are available at Lancasters. They are not cheap, but they are the Corvette of Kids' arrows!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I cut down my old and tattered Victory VForce HVs and my son's Nuclear Ice really zips 'em down range now!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah, I also replaced the arrows with some Carbon Maxima 250 arrows cut them down to size with field tips. The bow is zipping the arrows and penetrating well.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
+ 1 on CHEAP...

If you want some REAL kid's HIGH PERFORMANCE arrows, get some Carbon Impact Super Club 10/20 arrow shafts. Cut them to length with a couple inches growing room and put some 1.5" to 2" feathers on them. Then cut the points back one section to lighten them up a bit. You will be shocked how fast these buggers will fly! I'll put them up against ANY arrow on the market out of the Nuclear Ice at short draw and light poundage! They are the lightest arrows on the Planet! Everything else will look like you threw it at the target by hand!!!!

The CI Super Clubs are available at Lancasters. They are not cheap, but they are the Corvette of Kids' arrows!
+1 ! I did this and yes they FLY! These are very high quality arrows and don't cost a whole bunch! Excellent advice ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts