1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nugent honored by SEAL Hero, Marcus Luttrell
1/17/14

sealHero1.jpg
Outstanding programming in the outdoor industry was recognized during the 14th Annual Golden Moose Awards in Las Vegas January 16.

Ted Nugent's signature rendition of the Star Spangled Banner kicked off an evening filled with music, humor and notable moments. Big winners included Jim Shockey's The Professionals, Crush with Lee & Tiffany and Buck Commander.

But in a career that virtually overflows with memorable events, the most profound moment of all came when Ted Nugent walked away with the Fan Favorite Best Overall award for Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild.

Ted and wife Shemane accepted the award from Navy SEAL Hero, Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Los t Heroes of SEAL Team 10." Nugent was visibly moved.

"Receiving the most important award on Outdoor Channel, "Fan Favorite Overall," is deeply gratifying on all levels," stated Nugent, "but to share the stage and have it presented by one of the greatest US Warrior heroes of alltimes, the great freedom fighter Navy SEAL and American BloodBrother Marcus Luttrell, was literally overwhelming and out of body…"

sealHero2.jpg

"I have such deep and abiding admiration and respect for this great man, and all that he has done and stands for, that it was very difficult to gather myself. His friendship brings great satisfaction to my life," concluded Nugent.

Luttrell received a standing ovation—and a rousing vow from Nugent to show his appreciation for his sacrifice, and of everyone who's served in the military, to raise more hell and put more pressure on the government so they don't further infringe on our God-given individual rights.

You can watch the new season of Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild Tuesdays at 3:30pm and 8:30pm Eastern, and Sundays at 12am Eastern—only on Outdoor Channel.

Watch a video of Ted and Shemane as after they Accepted their award. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151919557922297&set=vb.124016042296&type=2&theater

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,441 Posts
They give out awards for hunting shows? lol...ok

Great respect for Luttrell, I bought and read his book when it first came out but awards for hunting shows crack me up.

·
Regohio
18,124 Posts
Ted Nugent is a Great Ambassador to our Sport...But more than that he's an American Hero Himself!

Marcus Lutrell...well what can ya say...That Man was faced the demons of the World Face to Face and came out the other side! I'm proud to call him a Brother in arms!!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Ted Nugent is a Great Ambassador to our Sport...But more than that he's an American Hero Himself!

Marcus Lutrell...well what can ya say...That Man was faced the demons of the World Face to Face and came out the other side!
Greed 100%.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I read his book and was in awe of the spirit and determination this guy demonstrated in completing the hellishness of Seal training...not to mention the extreme punishments he suffered in the field of battle. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm sure Hollywood has put its grimy fingerprints on what was and is a story of a guy who embodies what many more of us aspire to.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,655 Posts
Awesome! Marcus is great and his story is simply incredible (movie was good but doesn't do book justice). If you haven't read his book "Lone Survivor" you need to ... as an American. I've read a lot of military books and his story is the most incredible story I've ever read for sure. It's only through a combination of Navy Seal training and the grace of God that guy is alive today.

·
Registered
25,004 Posts
I read his book and was in awe of the spirit and determination this guy demonstrated in completing the hellishness of Seal training...not to mention the extreme punishments he suffered in the field of battle. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm sure Hollywood has put its grimy fingerprints on what was and is a story of a guy who embodies what many more of us aspire to.
the changed the ending and added some stuff that didnt happen, but it wasnt to bad. Obviously they cut out alot of sections to make a 2 hr film. Book was much better IMO

Going to have to read the service and might re read lone survivor.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
seen the movie haven't read the book, the movie was awesome I thought. had me wiping some tears here and there,
He said there were some parts that didn't happen because its Hollywood. But I couldn't imagine going through something like that, let alone the seal training.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,655 Posts
seen the movie haven't read the book, the movie was awesome I thought. had me wiping some tears here and there,
He said there were some parts that didn't happen because its Hollywood. But I couldn't imagine going through something like that, let alone the seal training.
Early chunk of book was on Seal training he went through - movie only had general training scenes in opening part of movie and then went right into op.

Terrain was totally jacked up. There weren't a bunch of big pine trees for cover in Afganistan. Combat scenes were intense but not as much as real life. Head wound to Axe in real life had part of his skull plate blown off and brains exposed (and he was still fighting!!!) - obviously toned it down for movie.

The biggest departure was in the village - didn't go down like that at all - Taliban didn't attack village and gunships didn't come in strafing Taliban - it was modified a lot for movie.

Marcus (and other Seals) did consult on movie though so they got combat scenes down pretty good - other than for the fact that as Marcus pointed out in an interview, the whole move lasts 2 hours and in real life the combat exchanges lasted about 3 hours.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

Marcus Lutrell...well what can ya say...That Man was faced the demons of the World Face to Face and came out the other side! I'm proud to call him a Brother in arms!!!
yep poachers are great to have represent the hunting community......

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
The seals are the real deal. I have been fortunate to spend alot of time with members of the california based team because my brother is a SEAL. Their love of country is matched by their loyalty to each other. I am fortunate to hunt with one as I have opened my ranch to him for year round bowhunting access. I urge anyone who is able to offer them access to hunting oppurtunities to do so as they are most appreciative and deserving.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
What have you done to be an ambassador ? Mr holier than thou ?
Don't know about Tipsntails7 but I'll tell you what I've done!!!!!I have served my country. Unlike your hero, Nugent, who shat himself and went uncleansed to get himself out of the draft. I don't watch his show and I'll take every opportunity to let everyone know . The Navy seal, Luttrell, is the real deal. I salute him.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Bless Uncle Ted!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,785 Posts

Ironic dont ya think ?
Brother in arms ? You do know Nugent was a draft dodger ?
Navy Seal gives award to a draft dodger and well know poacher for ...drum roll .......

I do admire his passion , however I think it causes way more negative reactions than positive. He defiantly does not change any ones mind that is anti hunting or anti guns way of thanking.
He is a well spoken man , with great intentions - His passion just spills out of his pie hole much like a rambling mad man at times.
Right or wrong , its hard to take hime seriously at times. He is kind of like watching the drunk white man try to seriously impersonate Michael Jackson - Your just embarrassed to be in the same room or share anything in common.
I supposed some must wear his shoes.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts

Amen. Agree with every word.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts