Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, ive been shooting pretty good lately and figured I might as well see how bad my form really is... While I have a hunch that my draw is still a little too long, I feel pretty comfortable with it and quite frankly, I dont have the cash to get new cams any shorter.. So im going to have to make due with the draw problem for now.. Oh yeah, dont make fun of the fat guy whos shirt comes up when he draw his bow :confused:

2005 Bowtech Allegiance, 28" draw, 65#, 27.5" Axis 400...

Attachments

·
(aka lug nut)
48,481 Posts
Meister:

Here is an analysis of your overhead picture.

I would like to see you adjust your left foot position.

Set up normally for your shot.

Then, move the left foot 6-inches in front of you.
Keep the right foot in the usual spot,
and pivot on the right foot.

You will be rotating the entire body in the clockwise direction.

I would like to see your left shoulder a lot closer to the arrow
when you are at full draw.

Here is an example of 2nd Nature doing what
I am asking you to try.

When you rotate the entire body in
the clockwise direction,
and the left shoulder gets closer to the arrow
when at full draw,
you are increasing the distance from the grip to your chin.

Therefore, you will actually be able to lean backwards a little less
with each clockwise adjustment.

Try to get close to the 3rd picture
of 2nd Nature.

Then, take another series of photos.

This is you overhead picture,
rotated so you can compare what you look like
versus 2nd Nature.

So, actually,
if you can do what I show in the 4th photo of the 2nd Nature series,
you would be much better off.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good deal.. I will try to get some more pics tomorrow.. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Updated pics.

I shot a little outside the past couple of days.. I tried using your suggestions.. It felt a little akward to me at first, and im still have a little trouble getting used to it (holding steady).. Anyways, here a few pictures I had the woman snap when she got a chance.. I dont like taking pictures inside the house either, so if you`ll notice that I dont have my "trigger finger" on the trigger, I tend to use it as a safety when im in the house by puttig it behind the trigger.. Not that it probably matters a whole lot... Anyways, im open for suggestions!

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    70.5 KB Views: 726

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha.. Im sure if you look hard enough, you`ll probably find more than one pair! Basements a little messy right about now!

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
It would help even more if you took pics where the arrow is as parallel as possible to the ground. You want to have your bow arm perpendicular to your upper body. If you follow this and everything N&B has advized chances are your current DL will end up being just a tad longer than you need it to be (that is you might be able to correct it with some string twisting and cable untwisting)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha.. I THINK I see two pair.. One pair might be mine (probably dont wanna see those ones!), and one pair might be a pair that you guys would like to see a little better haha...

Dado, Sorry about the quality of pics, it was getting late and I figured I would have the chic snap a few pics while I could.. If I get some more suggestions to try, I will update with better pictures for sure.. Also, I wish I was capable of the string twist/untwist thing, but ive never done it and im worried that if I did that I may knock something out of spec after freshly being crackerized..

·
Registered
771 Posts
Im no expert by no means, but shouldn't his bow hand be at more of a 45 degree angle? It looks like his hand and forearm are rotated counterclockwise to much.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
PatriotDually said:
Im no expert by no means, but shouldn't his bow hand be at more of a 45 degree angle? It looks like his hand and forearm are rotated counterclockwise to much.
1 step at a time...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see what you mean by looking at the pictures (one picture in there looks like my hand isnt completely relaxed, probably due to my fear of drawing back in the house).. Although, I do have my hand at kind of an angle, similar to the ones that N&B has posted in a number of other threads.. That hand posistion along with my Gripwerks grip, seems to be working well with enabling me to be completely consistant with my hand.. With the factory grip I was having problems no matter how I gripped the bow..

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Judging from the location of the nock end of your arrow shaft in relationship to the corner of your mouth and eye and the relationship of your draw arm elbow to the arrow, I think your draw length looks good. I think if you pick your head up straight and have the string rest against the tip of your nose and slide your peep sight up, that it would be helpful.

Then, I'm not sure why you are leaning so much. I notice that you seem to be a motocrosser, or former motocrosser, so you should have a strong core (where did that belly come from:tongue: :darkbeer: )

If you shift your hips back and put more weight over your front foot (equally distributing the weight), I think you would be good to go.

However, I'm not an expert, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn last night:wink:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bahaha, well im glad you stayed at a Holiday Inn! Haha.. Thanks for the tips, I will tinker a little bit with that as well.. Yes, I do (well, not at this moment, cant financially handle it!) race motocross.. Havent ridin for about a year and the :darkbeer: has been going down nice and easy, which contributes to the gut, plus its in the family genes and nobody in my family (guy wise) doesnt have a gut haha... Working on that though.. hah...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts