Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone looking to have some fun this winter and you are up around Mount Vernon we will be having a Wednesday night league. It will start on the 12th of November and run until the 14th of Januray. It will be Handicap scoring so everyone is competitive. There will also be some nightly fun events. All will also be in conjunction with the State mail in.

Attachments

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Matt,

Sounds fun, but who is hosting it? The flier does not say......

Tim

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tim

That would be covered in the Bold Black part at the top of the page. WILDERNESS ARCHERY. :tongue: The contact number is 360-724-3135. I am running it. It is filling up quick. We can only accomodate 20 per night. If I need to I will start another night.

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Handicap man that means I will have to spot you like 40 points:eek::darkbeer: Will have to see on that one with gass prices the way the are.

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only 40 Kent? It would be good to see you there but it is a little far for you. I want to start something up here that has never been done.

This isn't just a mail in night, even though mail in will be in conjunction with. This is fun. If you are a 295 shooter or better you are going to have a tough time. Handicap levels the playing field. It is a revolving handicap so there will be no sandbaggers either. Plus we will have nightly awards as well as at the end. I want bowhunters and 3-Ders to come out and enjoy themselves.

Just because it is being held at Wilderness doesn't mean that other loyal shop shooters aren't welcome. Bowtech shooters do get a bonus though. :tongue:This is after hours. I took over the range. I am not competing either. I am the fun coordinator.:wink:

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Teko, we would like to come down there a time or two during the Nock Point League if there is room for guests.

· Registered
92 Posts
Nock Point League

Tuesday nights are pretty full but, as with all leagues, after the first week there is usually room. We also shoot on Satudays at 10:00 am before the shop opens. Here is the league schedule:

Mini 3 week pre-league: Starting Tuesday November 4th at 7:00 pm (this will only be on Tuesdays)

6 week league in conjunction with the WSAA Multi-Color Mail-In:
Tuesdays, starting December 2, at 7:00 pm
Saturdays, starting December 6, at 10:00 am

Cost is $8.00 per week

All are welcome.

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TTT. The league is filling up fast. We have room for 20 shooters. League starts next Wednesday the 12th of November. You can contact me if you need any further information. C'mon out and have some fun this winter. Everyone wins something.

Matt

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have made provisions for make ups. This is put together to increase awareness and participation in spot shooting. Fun is the goal. We will be shooting every Wednesday night with makeups on Saturdays or on off weeks.

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that most shot real good. There are some cob webs from the last few months. And there are also some new shooters as far as spots go. It is a great group. I think that we now have a full 20 shooters too.

I hope that the lucky 2 liked the pair of strings that were given away last week.:wink:

More fun scheduled for this week. Also dinner will include pulled pork samiches, curtousy of Scott. Anyone else want ing to bring a dish by all means it would be appreciated

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Matt,

Ken Unser and myself would like to come down and do the mail-in if you have room...dare I ask ....can we do this on a sat or sun afternoon?

Thanks! I hope your doing well.

Tim

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Matt,

Ken Unser and myself would like to come down and do the mail-in if you have room...dare I ask ....can we do this on a sat or sun afternoon?

Thanks! I hope your doing well.

Tim
Wednesdays are full but you can definately come shoot Saturdays

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.