Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've sent two letters and received two replies so kudos to the DEC for taking the time to answer personally and not a canned response.
Although my letter was more of an inquiry as to where our money was going and distributed there was definitely an undertone of frustration as in not another f'n New Yorker complaining about the licence hikes : )
I was not happy that seniors who have supported the state for the last 40 or 50 years now have to pay in certain areas that were free to them before. And one of my concerns was where is all this money going, a general fund ?? They answered some of the questions and not others but I will definitely be at the town hall meeting in my area in Oct.
Here is their response. I think if you click on it it will enlarge enough to read.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Yea and paying $10 to have a chance to draw doe permits in NY is beautiful isn't it? I know people who didnt buy a large game license this year because of the cost. I bought the super sportman plus a duck tag, and i was lucky enough to get both DMP's in my area of choice (3c/3j)

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
I know people who didnt buy a large game license this year because of the cost.
I was in the barbershop today and two guys said they were not buying licenses and were just going to hunt illegally.

I think that is extreme but I'm not surprised of the reaction from older guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts