Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why Pearson has so few dealers in New York ?

Is it because they sell bows over the internet ?...Or does it have something to do with that they were somehow tied in with the McPhearson name and just changed over to the Pearson name ?...(I think I am correct in saying this)

When they do get up and rolling will there only a set amount of dealers in a geographic area.It seems as if they are reallly putting together a high quality bow and that's the way the big guys do it??

I hardly see anyone around this area shooting the Pearson line and I can only guess because we have only one dealer way up in Niagrara Falls. Most people are not the type to purchase something without first touching it.

Unlike me that will buy something just because it looks neat....:wink: --JP

·
Registered
5,033 Posts

Is it because they sell bows over the internet ?.Well..They don't sell over the internet. They only sell to dealers..Or does it have something to do with that they were somehow tied in with the McPhearson name and just changed over to the Pearson name ? This is not correct as how your thinking. Pearson is the oldest bow mfg in the USA. Pearson and McPherson became owned by one owner back in the 90s. ...(I think I am correct in saying this)

When they do get up and rolling will there only a set amount of dealers in a geographic area.It seems as if they are reallly putting together a high quality bow and that's the way the big guys do it??

I hardly see anyone around this area shooting the Pearson line and I can only guess because we have only one dealer way up in Niagrara Falls. Most people are not the type to purchase something without first touching it.

They have been around for a very long time...and still will be around for a long time.... The new and present owner has been involved with shooting, competing,,,working there when it was Pearson/McPearson...and plans to bring the Pearson company into the new Millennium .

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)

They have been around for a very long time...and still will be around for a long time.... The new and present owner has been involved with shooting, competing,,,working there when it was Pearson/McPearson...and plans to bring the Pearson company into the new Millennium .

Thanks for the reply.

What I meant was will Pearson depend on dealers selling over the internet to get the product to market? I just can not imagine that they could only have such a small number of dealers per state. I was hoping to hear that there will be a push to get dealers signed up.Some of the current dealers that sell the product over the internet seem to be excellent.

I do not know the history of Pearson and McPearson. I do know that they were the same bows a few years back and now I see the McPearson name on the Monster bow that's on the Mathews site......Seems like the bow industry is very much like the telecom industry.

"New Millennium" ?? I sure they don't wait that long..... 90 years is a long time. :wink:

Thanks --JP

·
Jeremy
809 Posts

Is it because they sell bows over the internet ?...Or does it have something to do with that they were somehow tied in with the McPhearson name and just changed over to the Pearson name ?...(I think I am correct in saying this)

Ben Pearson Archery has gone through a great many changes in the last 12 months. We will continue to have dealers that sell over the internet , but it will be one of our main priorities to increase our Pro Shop/dealer base. I am convinced that Pro Shops will always be a mainstay for us. Some of our most successful online dealers also have a storefront.
It is our belief that Pro Shops will be the foundation on which we will bring Ben Pearson back to the forefront in the archery industry.

Thanks for giving us a try and please if you like what you see tell everyone , if there is something you don't like ,tell me!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Somehow I missed it !!! :thumbs_up

Looking forward to being able into a local shop and seeing the entire line of Pearson bows in person. --JP

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
JP - I told you that we've got quite a few hotels right in walking distance of our new store. Come on by!!!!

Jim

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
No dealers in Iowa either :(

We are just a state away!!!! Get on I-80 and take it to I-55 south. Get off at the Market Street exit as you go around Bloomington/Normal, IL. I'll have some Pearsons ready for you to shoot!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:)

JP - I told you that we've got quite a few hotels right in walking distance of our new store. Come on by!!!!

Jim
Jim,

Beware....I may take you up on that someday.....:darkbeer:

--BY the way. Nice job on the video showing off the Advantage on your website. It's the next best thing to being there.....(Seen the video and now I NEED to have one)

I also noticed that there are more things in the shop since the last video I seen. Looking good.

--JP

http://www.selectarchery.com/pearson.shtml

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ben Pearson dealers

Anybody looking for dealers feel free to contact me at the home office, or if you are interested in becomeing a dealer.
thanks
JD
1-251-867-8980

1 - 10 of 10 Posts