1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was in the Long Island Newspaper today

"Arrow strikes Bronx woman
DANIEL EDWARD ROSEN
5:47 AM EDT, March 16, 2009
A Bronx woman was wounded by an arrow as she was leaving her car yesterday afternoon, according to New York City police.

Denise Delgado-Brown, 50, was returning from church with a resident of the Schervier Apartments, a retirement housing complex in Riverdale, when she was struck in the stomach by the arrow, according to Nadine Baker, director of public relations for the apartments.

Delgado-Brown was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital, where she was listed in stable condition, a police spokesman said.

Police do not have a suspect, and the case is under investigation."

· Registered
4,229 Posts
A local newscast reported the shooting as follows:

"The arrow struck on a downward angle so it must have been shot into the air".

Kinda dumb statement to make; but I know what was implied here is that the arrow was shot skyward (aka Tred Barta), and was not necessarily aimed at what it hit.

This type of irresponsible reporting is telling people that the arrow might have been a "flier" that got away and accidentally hit someone. Meanwhile the arrow struck in a section of the Bronx where I don't believe anyone could be shooting recreationally.

Now they got people thinking that archery is a dangerous sport. I hate a-hole journalists.

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The citidiots (city idiots) of NY at it again.
And the ignorant clueless (and biased) media is right there to report it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.