Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was about exausted trying to find a hot bird this morning when i got a text from my brothers friend that said he hadnt been out yet and would like to see what turkey hunting was about, so this was his first time out. we head out behind his house and not 10 minutes into it we heard a gobble. they were in another field across a hedgerow from the field we were in, about 350 yards, so i put out a hen decoy, sat down by an old roundbale, and started calling. not 5 minutes into calling i see a tailfan coming through the hedgerow. he comes about 40 yards into the field when a hen comes out behiind him, he turns and starts going to her. i start calling again and him and he starts moving my way. it takes him about 30 minutes to strut the 100 yards across the field, when hes at about 60 yards the hen starts trying to drag him away, this is when it gets funny, 2 deer run out in the field and chase the hen away but leave the tom alone! idk why but they did. now he struts into 45 yards and i call, he gobbles, while in mid gobble i let him have it, he drops on the spot. 3 1/2" #6s knock the snot outta him. the kids first time ever exeriencing turkey hunting and he gets a show like that! im excited because next week were going back out to the same spot and trying to get him his first bird. i think i hooked both my brother and my brothers friend on turkey hunting for life. they were almost more excited than i was!

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Nice bird.... amazing when you see a tom gobble for the first time while hunting.Doing his thing strutting good luck next week

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Thats awesome! Thats a memory that the kid will never forget! :shade:

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats awesome! Thats a memory that the kid will never forget! :shade:
oh yea he was estatic:shade: he cant wait to go again next weekend!

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice bird.... amazing when you see a tom gobble for the first time while hunting.Doing his thing strutting good luck next week
lol, about that, when the bird gobbled for the first time in close my bro and his buddy about both crapped their pants, it must have been a little louder than they expected:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts