Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people on here will be attending the NYFAB Classic. I know there are always a ton of complaints about NYFAB but there is a fairly good group of guys and gals working to get the organization turned about. This year Martin Archery has donated a bow that will be give to one of the lucky youth archers that is a NYFAB member and competes in the shoot. There will also be more vendors set up and door prizes raffled off, along with a cd shoot on saturday. Remember there is still time to register for the shoot.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
When and where??

When is it? Where is it? How do I qualify? What organizations do I have to join? I believe there was another thread last year about the NYFAB and The Classic in which some of these same questions may have been asked. It seems the NYFAB fails miserably at letting the people in the Albany area in on anything. There is a lot of great archers around Albany who would probably attend and support NYFAB if they knew more about NYFAB and its functions. Just my .02.. Nothing personal meant against anyone who is trying to make things better.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Darin,
I'm taking the family this year. Nick and Amanda will be shooting their first state shoot. We will attending the banquet on Saturday night. Shoot is held in Oneonta on March 30th.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thanks

I just paid my dues and joined the NFAA and went on NYFAB site and didn't see where there was a registration form or anything to join NYFAB. Did I miss something? Do I need to join both organiztions to shoot the states? How do I register for the Oneonta shoot or is it too late? I see there is a shoot April 6th at West Albany. Is this the same thing? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I heard from the vp the late fee is a thing of the past as well as getting stuck on the 730 line so if you like just come and sign up should be no problem getting in on a spot

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the shoot on the 6th is most likley the state championship which is a mail in shoot hosted by a few shops

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I will be there.... 1:30 line

·
Registered
427 Posts
Classic

Sambow and I will be there Saturday hosting the CD novelty shoot. 2pm-4pm. $1.00 a shot. Shoot an arrow in the hole with no damage to the CD (Yes it has been done with 26's) and you could win some great prizes. It's just fun to break stuff!! We have some great sponsors stepping up all ready! The fine people at Copper John, W.R. Custom Bow strings, Feather Vision and others have already donated prizes to make this a great shoot! If your company would like to help out the CD Shoot please contact me.
We will also be at the banquet. Hope to see you all there.
Tracy

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
First I have heard of it

and it is next weekend!!!!!
Shoot!!! Or not actually.
Where is the mail in ??????? How is that gonna work. shoot offs etc..
I won't win, but it is fun to shoot anyway.
I will be at the Smackdown @ Klein's this weekend, donating 15 bucks to the meal!!!!!
Good Luck all.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'll be at the banquet and the shoot. I won't be shooting because of some shoulder issues. I'll be at the shoot to support the kids and adults that I coach.
See you there...............
DFA

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just paid my dues and joined the NFAA and went on NYFAB site and didn't see where there was a registration form or anything to join NYFAB. Did I miss something? Do I need to join both organiztions to shoot the states? How do I register for the Oneonta shoot or is it too late? I see there is a shoot April 6th at West Albany. Is this the same thing? Thanks for the help.
If you go to the NYFAB site and scroll down the left hand column it says Membership and Dues. There it explains membership. A calendar is also on the site and gives dates, locations and times of the different shoots. Here is the link directly to the membership section. http://members.localnet.com/~archery1/member.html

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sambow and I will be there Saturday hosting the CD novelty shoot. 2pm-4pm. $1.00 a shot. Shoot an arrow in the hole with no damage to the CD (Yes it has been done with 26's) and you could win some great prizes. It's just fun to break stuff!! We have some great sponsors stepping up all ready! The fine people at Copper John, W.R. Custom Bow strings, Feather Vision and others have already donated prizes to make this a great shoot! If your company would like to help out the CD Shoot please contact me.
We will also be at the banquet. Hope to see you all there.
Tracy

I'm glad you are going to do it again, and that you gave the times that you'll be there. It was great fun last year, and I look forward to seeing you two again.

Mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.