Archery Talk Forum banner

NYS Triple Crown results

923 Views 23 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  FV Chuck
The final leg of the NYS Triple Crown of Smackdown is in the books.

Thanks to all who attended this year, and a big thank you to all of our 2009 sponsors.

The 3rd Leg saw an unexpected shake up in the points and a new Champ crowned.

We shot the NFAA 5 spot target, scoring inside outs.

We had 36 shooters of all size and skill, grouped into 3 levels. We advanced 14 shooters total to the finals.

14th Place Bard Prentiss.. shooting off the shelf ain't what it used to be.

13th Place Austin Conrad.. 1st shootoff appearance..nice shooting!

12th Place Becky Holcomb.. our lone FBFS shooter

11th Place Ron Whitney.. Thanks for the support

10th Place Brian Bell.. premies are what they used to be:eek:

9th Place Wes Hines.. This guy has an answer to every question.

8th Place Mike Ryman.. Strong young shooter representing.

7th Place FV Chuck.. Great Sponsor...not a bad shot either.

6th Place NY Archer 1.. 322fps ain't what it used to be.

Top five shooters all received a $50 gift certificate from Feather Visions.

5th Place Frank Chugga.. That Blowtech is complimenting you!

4th Place Biker Scum.. Way to bring the ruckus at the final Leg!

3rd Place Rick Steele.. Nice arrows:shade:

2nd Place MegaDan.. Inside outs ain't what they should be!

3rd Leg Champion Joe (Santa) Benedict...nice job...now shoot all 3 next year.

You may notice points leader Rainman didn't make the shootoff, This really changed the championship race for th overall Champion.

In 5th Place Overall shooting for Decker's Bows and More...Mike Ryman.

Coming home in 4th place overall our title sponsor FV Chuck.

3rd Overall Last years champion MegaDan.

2009 Runner Up edging out MegaDan by 1 point...Rainman

Your 2009 New York State Triple Crown of Smackdown Champion

Rick "The Iceman" Steele (Rick was the only shooter that made all 3 shootoffs)

Special thanks to Klein's Archery, Mountain Trail Bowhunters, and Neil's Archery.

Thanks to all the shooters and spectators...we will be bigger and better next year!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,884 Posts
Sounds like fun.

Used to shoot the NYFAB states with a bearded guy in BHFS. His wife was a shooter too. Cant remember his name and it seems he dropped off the face of the earth.

We here in the Western end of the state need to get a similar format setup....then maybe we could have a West meets East top 5 shootoff!

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Thanks JT !

Had a great time again this season... and thanks again for inviting us to sponsor your series... it was great! Hope you have me back next season too

Gotta pat Santa on the back here (one of the FV Team guys)... shot 2 events, 1st, and 2nd place finishes...hope you shoot all 3 next year!:darkbeer::darkbeer:

Glad Brian could make it there too...great to see you out on the line again looks like you havent lost a single step! (pardon the pun)

There was a lot of really really good shooters this season and I gotta say your plans for expansion next season are really exciting. (( you guys might get your wish out West! ))

To see the scores these guys and gals are putting up is stunning!!!
This event really brings out the best shooting in people...it's awesome

Thanks again for the hard work... GREAT JOB JT!!:shade:

· Registered
1,884 Posts
Glad Brian could make it there too...great to see you out on the line again looks like you havent lost a single step! (pardon the pun)

There's another really tough pin shooter that just disappeared a few years ago. Last I heard, he was busy building a house. Maybe he finished it up and can get back to playin' again! :D

· Registered
1,538 Posts
some shots

Picture 1 is the winners of the 3rd leg..
Santa - Joe Bennedict - C
MegaDan - Dan Martinez - L
Ironman - Rick Steele - R

Picture 2 is the Triple Crown Overall winners (from the L)
Rick Steele - 1st
Mike Ryman - 5th
Chuck Cooley - 4th
Dan Martinez - 3rd
Ken Raymond 2nd

Picture 3 is the 2 closest to the center X winners
Aaron and (um little help here....sorry)

And Pic 4 of the legendary Brian Bell

Attachments

· Registered
1,538 Posts
more shots...

A few more....

Attachments

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Bard and the Mrs shooting off to see who gets into the finals.....
that was a no win situation Bard...but he showed not much mercy and won on the second arrow !!
How was the couch man....?

Gotta give props to my daughter shooting her first smackdown with her new PSE Chaos... runnin with the big dawgs at 12...(man we are all in trouble soon, me most of all I think:darkbeer::darkbeer:)

Attachments

· Registered
1,538 Posts
moar

A few more.....
Joe his Mrs and daughter put on a h**l of a shoot !!!!!

Mike Ryman....

and The Juice in full effect

Attachments

· Registered
3,137 Posts
Last Three, Iceman, Mega Dan, Santa.
Compound bow Archery Bow and arrow Recreation Bow

Last arrow of the day...Santa takes it home
Compound bow Recreation

And this is what the triple crown was all about, Rick the Iceman Steele took home this awesome piece of metal, first place overall.
Belt buckle Metal Fashion accessory Diamond Buckle

· Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great pics guys!

Ryder...This was the 2nd year of this TC...Advertised on AT and I mailed flyers to 55 pro shops in New York...sorry you didn't hear about it.

Always keep on eye on the regional shoots section, the dates were set in November.

· Registered
3,137 Posts
Great pics guys!

Ryder...This was the 2nd year of this TC...Advertised on AT and I mailed flyers to 55 pro shops in New York...sorry you didn't hear about it.

Always keep on eye on the regional shoots section, the dates were set in November.
Good job brother :shade:

Each year the TC keeps getting better..big things in 2010 for DY's triple crown.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
What is the NYS Triple Crown?? First I have heard if it. This is one of the problems in New York State. Other parts of the state do not know what the rest is doing.
Hey Rider...

The Smackdown TC is Dy's pet project gone wild!! (( in good way))

It's a smackdown event....everybody shows up to see who is the last man standing kind of event. (( similar to the Lancaster shoot ))

He holds them at 3 different venues Jan to Mar and we all shoot for braggin rights..... great times and great shooters come out of the woodwork driving from all over the place to play.

This next season JT says he's going to expand to other areas of the state and see just how big we can get it... very exciting!

Keep watching the NE section regional shoots page here on AT they always do the announcements there.
I know in the summer they convert this to a 3-D style smackdown as well. I think Mountain Trail normally holds it and I'm sure they will do it again this year.

chuck

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Hey Chuck I think there's somethin wrong with your camera, bro! My gut isn't supposed to look that way! Or should it?:dontknow:
naaaa Juice... Looks like I have the same defect on mine too. Different camera ....Must be the angle? or these --->:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

· Registered
444 Posts
NYS Triple Crown Smackdown

i wanna send out thanks to Dy Promotions for taking the effort to organize an awesome Triple Crown like this, also the three pro shops,Neil's Archery, Mountaintrail Bowhunters, and Kleins Archery deserve a special thanks

and of course we cant forget about all the sponsors and the title sponsor Feather Vision and also all the people that attend for making theses shoots what they are.

Can't wait for next year, it was alot of fun

· Ground cold / Work it hot
2,713 Posts
Congrats to my bud Joe Benedict for taking 1st place. Way to go Joe!!
Congrats also to Rick Steel for overall triple crown winner.
Nice shooting boys!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.