Archery Talk Forum banner

Oaa Targets day II Format

753 16
What do you guys think about having a double 70metre round on the Sunday of the oaa's instead of a 900 round.

People need FITA 1440 and double 70m scores. Does it not make more sense to give our archers the chance to actually get these scores for national rankings...? If this change was made than archers in Ontario would have a good chance to get enough scores in. For example this year an archer would have to attend the Spring Classic (get a double 70m score and two match play scores [double elimination, everyone gets two matachs]), the OAA target championships (FITA and double 70 score*** [instead of 900]), and attend one fita outside these two shoots.

On other years when the spring classic uses a FITA 1440 for rankings, than the archer would only have to attend one double 70 outside these two events.

*Natinoal rankings involves 2 FITA 1440's, 2 double 70's and two match play scores.

I know alot of people don't care about national rankings, and some like the 900 round... So what do you think?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
671 Posts
What do you guys think about having a double 70metre round on the Sunday of the oaa's instead of a 900 round.

People need FITA 1440 and double 70m scores. Does it not make more sense to give our archers the chance to actually get these scores for national rankings...? If this change was made than archers in Ontario would have a good chance to get enough scores in. For example this year an archer would have to attend the Spring Classic (get a double 70m score and two match play scores [double elimination, everyone gets two matachs]), the OAA target championships (FITA and double 70 score*** [instead of 900]), and attend one fita outside these two shoots.

On other years when the spring classic uses a FITA 1440 for rankings, than the archer would only have to attend one double 70 outside these two events.

*Natinoal rankings involves 2 FITA 1440's, 2 double 70's and two match play scores.

I know alot of people don't care about national rankings, and some like the 900 round... So what do you think?
I think you are a looser. I like the double 70's and if there is time an single elimation round

· Lowered expectations
20,209 Posts
"Making sense" isn't really a strong suit for archery administrators, although I have seen some improvement in Ontario. Especially since the era of President Sean. Not sucking up - truth.

I think we should give up on FITA 1440 rounds (and 900s) entirely and go with the rest of the world, and have everything 70M rounds. While we're at it, let's go to the metric FITA field instead of the IFAA rounds in yards.

Also lose the 5-ring Indoor thing they tried earlier this year and just have the FITA 10-ring.

Finally, the 3D should be in meters instead of yards. :tongue:

· Registered
671 Posts
3D in meters would not matter you still have to shoot an unknown distance so you could still judge in yards. I know that it was some sort of joke but I am just saying. :wink:
No you can't Judge in yards. It would be against the rules

· Registered
133 Posts
Changes.....

"Making sense" isn't really a strong suit for archery administrators, although I have seen some improvement in Ontario. Especially since the era of President Sean. Not sucking up - truth.

I think we should give up on FITA 1440 rounds (and 900s) entirely and go with the rest of the world, and have everything 70M rounds. While we're at it, let's go to the metric FITA field instead of the IFAA rounds in yards.

Also lose the 5-ring Indoor thing they tried earlier this year and just have the FITA 10-ring.

Finally, the 3D should be in meters instead of yards. :tongue:
all these changes...wow
I'm starting to get confused, but it all sounds good to me:dontknow::dontknow:

· Registered
853 Posts
70 meter second day

I submitted a 70 meter round format for the second day to the OAA but it's passed the 60 limit.. it can only be considered at the 2009 AGM

Gilles

I also think the OAA should buy there own field target, avoid the disaster that occurred in Peterborough.. have the target sent to the host club like the target champs

Gilles

G

·
the board can institute the change and ratify it at the 2009 AGM. The field targets well that should have been taken care by the host club or at least have a remedy for it. I think the OAA should have a bid pkg on line so the clubs know what is esential and what is requiered to host as well as have the zone director or judge in the area sign off on the bid.

Although the day 2 idea is a great one in my eyes we do need to look beyond ourselves and make sure we don't make ourselves elitest so to speak. For the upper end archers the 900 round isn't good since there is so few points to get if behind even a little but it is certainly allowing the low to mid archers to play and feel like they are accomplishing something.

I for one am in favour of a day2 of a 70mx2 with a single elimination after but do have both ears open

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I submitted the 70m round format to the oaa after the target champioships and received the same reply as Gilles. Inorder for it to be voted on at the agm it has to be in 60 days ahead of the meeting.

G

·
this would be a regulation change and can be done at the board level but would still need to voted on a the 2009 AGM, this isn't any different that the x-bow speed rule that the board changed but will need to be voted on at this years AGM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.