Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody else has run into problems with drop away rests and the timing. I have a rip cord, TT and Qad. All 3 have the same issue. If the cord moves on the cable just a hair, it will throw my groups off. Maybe not much, but I can avg 1.5 groups at 30 yards, when the cord moves on the cable my groups will widen to 2.5-3 inchs. Maybe its just me, my equipment or the way my cords are tied on my cables, but it seems to be the same on 3 different bows with 3 different models of rests.

Anybody?

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
Drop cord rests, pull a bend into your cable, effectively shortening it, and WILL change your cam timing.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That is why the only dropaway ill use is a limbdriver...A certain rep for one of the BIG bow companies was telling me how you should see dropaways on high speed video...whole lot happening:darkbeer:

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
That is why the only dropaway ill use is a limbdriver...A certain rep for one of the BIG bow companies was telling me how you should see dropaways on high speed video...whole lot happening:darkbeer:
That is true. However, I just don't use drop-away rests.

If I were to see a need for a drop-away, I would use a Limb-Driver.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
thats the reason i love my limbdriver. there are no timing issues.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
That is why I do not attach anyting to my cables. I will either use a BoDoodle or What I currently use. Limb Driver:):)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts