Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have the first one to leave the office.

I figured out the setup 29 1/2 mods (old mods about 5-6 fps slower than the new ones) I have new mods for it just waiting on my orange and black prolines to get in before I get them put on.

Obsession Addiction
29 1/2 inch draw has the old mods waiting for my strings before I put the new mods on it supposed to be 5-6 fps faster
70.4 Lbs
GT Nuge 75/95 with 3 3 inch feathers 428 grains.
PSE Sight
Sims Modular stabilizer with 1 mod 10 inches long
TT smackdown

Chronoed a consistant 305 FPS
So at 29 1/2 draw it was about IBO (with the old mods)

Draw- Smooth Smooth Smooth (comparable to the Pure but I believe it might be smoother) Rolls over with a very small hump into a great valley and solid back wall
Shot- QUIET as all get out IMHO as the old CP bows (everyone that was there was saying that) Absolutely no hand shock I mean none. Dead in the hand did I say QUIET AND DEAD IN THE HAND?

Accurate as heck, holds awesome.

Fit and Finish- Hard black finish no lines or marks on it.

Cam lean- Minute to none
Strings- Proline Strings from the factory black and grey
Grip- Vindy grips that are slightly narrower I believe. Curved in the front and straight in the back felt better than my pure to me. Very repeatable

Attachments

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Sharp bow, looking forward to a test drive.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys waiting on the

Proline strings I ordered yesterday

Black with sunset streak strings
and
Sunset with black streak cables

Timba I will review it again when the new mods are on I figure next weekend

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Sweet looking bow my friend cant wait to see it with the strings.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know tippy I am with ya.

You going to go to the r100 with us

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
sweet bow for sure wish we had a dealer around here

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys...

Tippy a crispy 1 dollar bill maybe

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Hey guys waiting on the

Proline strings I ordered yesterday

Black with sunset streak strings
and
Sunset with black streak cables

Timba I will review it again when the new mods are on I figure next weekend
One thing to remember is that you have a Kevin Strothers designed bow. I'm like you, I like to tweak and tinker but it can sometimes decrease performance. A bow from Kevin is almost always shooting with the most efficiency it can. The orange strings will decrease your speed due to the weight of the dye in the orange string. It will take somewhere between 40 to 50 shots to settle your new harness. After 3 to 5 days, you will gain 1-2 fps over the initial new harness speed. One thing you need to do is to sync your cams on a draw board after installing the new harness and tweak the draw force curve for maximum speed (efficiency). Without doing this, you will lose efficiency and the bow's performance will suffer. Unless you are very knowledgeable in doing this, you will have problems. Just thought you should know.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am thinking the bow will be going out to get tuned if need be but I might be able to get it tuned. If not it will keep the factory strings fo rnow.

·
Free spirit
2,926 Posts
Doc,

I hear Zach was impressed with your bow yesterday. I been tryin to tell that boy, he's just a little hard headed... LOL Be sure to get the video link up and over on the other forum too.

I'm glad you're likin your new bow!

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doc,

I hear Zach was impressed with your bow yesterday. I been tryin to tell that boy, he's just a little hard headed... LOL Be sure to get the video link up and over on the other forum too.

I'm glad you're likin your new bow!
His words were that SOB speaks for it self. I told him in a PM the other night that before he buys a bow he might want to shoot one of these

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
One thing to remember is that you have a Kevin Strothers designed bow. I'm like you, I like to tweak and tinker but it can sometimes decrease performance. A bow from Kevin is almost always shooting with the most efficiency it can. The orange strings will decrease your speed due to the weight of the dye in the orange string. It will take somewhere between 40 to 50 shots to settle your new harness. After 3 to 5 days, you will gain 1-2 fps over the initial new harness speed. One thing you need to do is to sync your cams on a draw board after installing the new harness and tweak the draw force curve for maximum speed (efficiency). Without doing this, you will lose efficiency and the bow's performance will suffer. Unless you are very knowledgeable in doing this, you will have problems. Just thought you should know.
Nice looking bow Doc. On the string color, I asked a well known string builder that same question last week about orange strings and speed loss. His reply was that he had done a lot of testing and found no difference what so ever on orange strings losing speed compared to other colors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts