Votes: 39 28.9%
  • No, it will fall short of the advertised speed

Votes: 96 71.1%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reviews on the Obsession Lethal Force have been very positive. In fact I am ordering one.

It is clear the the Obsession LF is fast. It is still early but I was wondering if you think it will live up to its bold claim:
Obsession.jpg

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
It's too early to tell. Your poll is being based off of guess work.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
looks like an alegiance with elite cams high 330's
may be a shooter though

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
Probably only on two chronos that I can think of...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Looks just like my Darton DS3800.

But then, I have to admit I'm impressed with what I see from them. I wish they had a dealer in upstate NY. There is one listed on their website (about a 3 hour drive away) and when I called they don't even have one in stock. I'm dying to take the SS for a test drive.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
My guess is that it won't exceed 342-343 fps. Obviously, that's still fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Like Fletched said this is all off guess work. I think it'll be right around the ibo which may include a few fps under. I still like it enough to more than likely be ordering one.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Looks just like my Darton DS3800.

But then, I have to admit I'm impressed with what I see from them. I wish they had a dealer in upstate NY. There is one listed on their website (about a 3 hour drive away) and when I called they don't even have one in stock. I'm dying to take the SS for a test drive.

Yes if you mean it has a riser and some limbs.

The SS was last years model, you should be able to find those easily.

·
Registered
426 Posts
That design and cams look awfully familiar! Let's see; Elite, Athens, Strothers, K&K, and the list goes on. They all are great shooting bows. I haven't shot the Obsession line but at the ATA, you would swear many of these were the same.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I would like to see how it stands up the the 2007 Elite Envy. I know for a fact that this 7" brace bow will shoot in the low to mid 340s with a loaded string. No one brass nock for the arrow and arrow without vanes (the way manufactures test for speed) BS, real life set up, d loop, speed nocks and peep shooting a real life arrow with vanes. If it will shoot as fast as the Envy it will sell like hotcakes.

The Obsession bow has similar specs, Envy is 33 1/2 ata, Obsession is 33 ata, both have 7" brace, 56 1/2 string and 37 15/16 cables for the Envy and 55 7/8 and 37 3/16 for the Obsession and both weigh 3.9lbs. It comes down to the cams in my opinion. Time will tell.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah with the split limbs. I would say actual IBO speed for most of these similar spec models will be within a few fps...can't go wrong with many bows nowadays.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
That design and cams look awfully familiar! Let's see; Elite, Athens, Strothers, K&K, and the list goes on. They all are great shooting bows. I haven't shot the Obsession line but at the ATA, you would swear many of these were the same.
Take out the Athens and add Bowtech. there all KS designs. its easy to spot.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Take out the Athens and add Bowtech. there all KS designs. its easy to spot.
This model has the potential to be the best KS bow ever. A KandK bow that has a better, more tunable CAM system. This bow is going to be sweet.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Like I stated in an other thread, Ill have this bow in a week or so and will do a speed test after it has been professionaly tuned, Ill shoot it at 28", 61lbs with a 306 gr arrow, that what im setting it at for 3D, you guys can do the math for longer draw lengths and higher draw weights. Completepassthru did a speed test in the other thread, the oly thing lacking was a good tune job from those tests, it will have a meta peep and string loop, watch for it. Im thinking Ill be right around 315-320 with this set up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts