Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw where Martin purchased Obsession

That’s pretty awesome considering a few years back Martin was seemingly on the brink of bankruptcy

Any thoughts on brand and product expansion with this purchase of Obsession?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
******* Engineer
3,952 Posts
I saw where Martin purchased Obsession

That’s pretty awesome considering a few years back Martin was seemingly on the brink of bankruptcy

Any thoughts on brand and product expansion with this purchase of Obsession?

They purchased their assets. It’s my understanding that both brands will operate independent of one another.

That’s not to say that there won’t be “overlap” at some point...

Anyhow, I see it as a positive on both sides. Martin gains access to all I’ve OB’s manufacturing facilities. This will help with down time and waiting for parts to be machined.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They purchased their assets. It’s my understanding that both brands will operate independent of one another.

That’s not to say that there won’t be “overlap” at some point...

Anyhow, I see it as a positive on both sides. Martin gains access to all I’ve OB’s manufacturing facilities. This will help with down time and waiting for parts to be machined.

This is exactly how my local shop described it as well.

HUMP

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I'm very fond of OB bows but what will be the result when two different brands start using the same machines with each model requiring a different set up? How much will wait time increase?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i still have not seen any exposure of Obsession in the local shops. A couple of the guys steered me away from them because of the recent buyout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts