Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting one of these for a diamond black ice. I am looking for a nice, compact riser mounted quiver and this seems to be a match. If you have used this quiver, let me know the pros and cons.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I had one of these for awhile and did not like it. I think all the octane stuff looks pretty cool, but the thing i did not like about these quivers is when you loosen it up to be able to slide the quiver off the mounting bracket, you have to twist a bolt and it loosens the mounting bracket up. The only problem is if you go just a little bit too far, the whole mounting piece pops off and theres a little spring in there that flies out. I lost it twice and decided i didnt want to be in the woods and have it happen. I think the mounting pieces for these quivers are a crapshoot at best.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I have one on a Black Ice, and I love it, its light, really compact, easier to remove arrows, yet still has a good grip on them, and I shoot the FMJ's. As to the spring flying out, Its over 3/8" of an inch of thread from the point the quiver slides off, to the point you have to worry about a spring popping out and it disassembling. It's fool proof IMO, no real down sides I can think of.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I have one on a Black Ice, and I love it, its light, really compact, easier to remove arrows, yet still has a good grip on them, and I shoot the FMJ's. As to the spring flying out, Its over 3/8" of an inch of thread from the point the quiver slides off, to the point you have to worry about a spring popping out and it disassembling. It's fool proof IMO, no real down sides I can think of.
I guess this depends on how wide your riser is, because i could barely get mine put together , because there was so little room left on the bolt, definitely not 3/8".

·
Registered
727 Posts
I like them

I like it except i wish instead of having to unscrew the quiver you could just push or pull on the red piece. It takes a little while to undo the quiver not exactly what i expected when i purchased it.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I guess this depends on how wide your riser is, because i could barely get mine put together , because there was so little room left on the bolt, definitely not 3/8".
Good point, I would venture that it really is gear towards the bowtech/diamond lines. What bow did you have it on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.