Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NSBowhunter
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody is using the Octane Hostage Pro arrow rest. Is this a good option for a hunting setup, or is there alot of noise created from this rest? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Octane has had some problems with quick wear on the bottom brush, dunno if they've fixed it yet. I have one of the old style Hostage rests with all black brushes, and it has held up great. I have not noticed any accuracy or noise problems with this rest, as compared to a Whisker Biscuit.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
great

We have a customer with 18 deer this year on his Carnivore 34 and Hostage Pro rest with no problems. When you set the bow up properly the rest is great

·
Registered
279 Posts
I did not care for the one that I had. I had it on my bow for a week and had nothing but headaches with it. I finally took it off and threw it in the trash.

·
Registered
925 Posts
since bowtech would not stand behind this POS I am going to return it to them next time I go through Oregon, taped to a brick, and so it does not get stolen I will deliver it through the window...

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
rest

lol that,s funny

·
NSBowhunter
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. I will definitely stay away from the hostage pro. Any suggestions for a good hunting arrow rest? Another I was looking at was the QAD Ultra rest Pro Sries HD. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had a Hostage Pro on my General and didn't care for it at all. Bottom brush wear was unreal. Switched to a Trip Wire and really like it.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,335 Posts
I will definitely stay away from the hostage pro. Any suggestions for a good hunting arrow rest?
I have tried the Hostage Pro, the regular Hostage, and a Limbdriver, and of the three.........I prefer the regular Hostage for all my shooting, not just hunting.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i have went through both of the hostage's. i didnt like the cheaper one so i upgraded to the pro. this was a good rest, but somehow the rest became twisted and morphed :s. so the poi was off as well as other things. so i decided to go with the QAD pro hunter. i like this rest, because it is full containment too and my bow isnt a speed bow so theres no problems with bounceback, and i have not looked back since. so i would recommend gonig with the QAD rest. just my two cents

·
Registered
735 Posts
another vote for the QAD would take a whisker bisket over the hostage if you want that type of rest

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
We have a customer with 18 deer this year on his Carnivore 34 and Hostage Pro rest with no problems. When you set the bow up properly the rest is great
I agree, when the rest is set up properly it's a great rest. I never thought I would like a full containment rest after shooting a Limbdriver but I kept it on all hunting season and don't plan on changing. I bet most of the bottom brush wear is from people who have really high nock points.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
it is my favorite rest...

Those experiencing excessive brush wear MUST be shooting an out of tune bow - at least that's my guess. I just purchased my third Hostage Pro. Wished I could have rescued the one thrown in the trash!
I've got maybe 500+ arrows thru the one on my PSE Firestorm X [Bowmadness XS twin] and no wear is visible.
Got to spit those arrows out straight and tuned!

This has been my experience with the rest. I've bought maybe a dozen rests in the last 5 years experimenting. Kind of glad to have something that does not rely on a cable and ball bearings, etc.

·
The Western Triangle
2,231 Posts
since bowtech would not stand behind this pos i am going to return it to them next time i go through oregon, taped to a brick, and so it does not get stolen i will deliver it through the window...
:roflmao:

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
if you want a bristle rest get the biscuit it is far superior to a cheap imitation like the hostage, if you just dont want a biscuit the rest are all about the same somtimes they work sometimes they dont

1 - 18 of 18 Posts