Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Your better off with the whisker biscuit in my opinion. The bristles wear to fast, and vanes like to hit the bars holding the bristles on occasion even when lined up and set up correctly.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Actually he's right, from the reviews it seems fairly mediocre. It's a shame because it's really a great concept. Ideally it would offer the containment of a whisker biscuit, without the fletching contact. Guess maybe a whisker would be the better bet.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I shoot one

I got it last year after swapping to quick spins from blazers. I had wanted to go to a biscuit but figured I'd try the hostage because the quick spins are not generally regarded as sturdy as blazers and because I figured the little fin on the vanes may cause an issue with the biscuit.

The hostage has worked well. I found that as the bristles wore, at some point, you had to rotate the bristles so the bottom brush was "newer" so to speak. I just shot until I noticed the arrows impacting a little different... then rotated the brushes.

This spring i put in new brushes and have repeated the process.

For my shooting amount (5-20 arrows a day) I find I get about 2 months out of the brushes before I need to change them.

Thats out of my 82nd, 67#, 29.5" with 405 grain arrows (Axis nano's).

I like the simplicity of the whisker a little better, but I'm satisfied with this hostages function... it just takes a little "maintenance" to keep it shooting on the money.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Im using a nap360 on my sentinal and love it. There pretty much the same idea as the octane just with smaller brushes and lasts longer.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
I have one and like it alot but it seems that the brushes are getting worn down. I am going to try a trip wire.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts