Archery Talk Forum banner

Octane stabilizer?

28993 Views 28 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  Hoythunter01
Thinking of trying an Octane 7" stabilizer on my Admiral but have read a few not so flattering posts about the Octane's here. Anybody who use or have used them care to comment and give a review?
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
633 Posts
Honestly I dont feel they are worth what you pay for them. I bought mine used but will proably resale it on here as its more of its good looks that actually doing anything, I think my 20 dollar S-coil did more for vibration, but thats just me. If I was gonna spend that money new I would get a Extreme Stab, Posten, or a B-stinger that actually helps stabilize the bow and the Xtreme has a interchangeable weight system to accomadate your shooting

· Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good post, keep em coming. Have to admit it would look sweet on the Admiral in matching camo. But if it doesn't suck up noise and vibration thgen I have some that do.

· Registered
633 Posts
Honestly i feel it made my X-force slightly louder IMO, but may work better for Bowtech bows as I have been told that the General and Guardian benefitted from this stab but not the 82nd Airbourne, but gathered that from shooting them in my local shop last year

· Registered
1,815 Posts
I have an Octane stabilizer on my CAPTAIN...I must honestly say that it's used more for cosmetics than a stabilizer. But please understand my reasoning for saying this, the bow really makes the difference in how important the stabilizer must function.

Although the ADMIRAL is slightly lighter and shorter than the CAPTAIN, if it's a hunting bow, you wont need much of a stabilizer.

· Feedback- storyteller_usa
14,392 Posts
I've found this stablizer is not worth the money..
Made my bow sound LOUDER.

· Registered
580 Posts
i put on on my Admiral when i was in the shop not to long ago. I did notice an improvment. The noise that the bow makes seemed to be muffled somehow or another when i had it on. I was also shooting it in a concrete block room so any noise made you would definatly hear it. I dont think it did much for stabilizing tho. IMO I think they look cool and it made a difference in the sound of my bow but for the money i would get a B-Stinger. But the best way to figure out if you like it or not is to try it out at a shop, and if you want to buy one somewhere else tell them you didnt notice a different.

· Registered
303 Posts
i have one on my 80# guardian and it looks awesome, as for stabilization i cant really tell as i am holding alot more weight than most so i am stable without it, as for noise my bow is absolutely silent, unless i sling an arrow that has one loose vane, man those arrows make a funny noise. well i know on the guardian, general, and maybe the slightly slower bows bowtech makes, it silences and stabilizes, but as for the speed freak bows, it makes a little more noise than without jmo. so good luck my bow is shooting a 400 grain arrow at 316 fps. fast but not 82nd/101st fast.

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Stab

got one on my Iceman and Sentinel. A ton of people at our indoor league have told me how quiet my bows are. I think they are quiet to so I dont know where the loud comments comes from. Plus the look great pic is from my Marquis last year.

Attachments

· Registered
928 Posts
i have got one on my general and even though it does look nice on there i think it does far more than that. it takes out any hand shock and sound. we ended up puting one on my brothers BT pro38 and WOW he was impressed. i guess it really depends on what you are used to and the weight you want because its not heavy at all which took me a min to get used to. hope you make the right choice.

· Registered
3,141 Posts
I put a seven inch on my Guardian after having a 4 inch limbsaver on it and really couldn't hear or feel any difference,they both were an improvement over having nothing at all.
And since the Octane was in matching camo I just kept it on because it does look better!:thumbs_up

· Registered
10,965 Posts
The Octanes arent bad but I prefered the WildThings over it. Quieter plus the fit in the bow case without having to take it off
same here:thumbs_up Wildthing works much better on my bow than any others I have tried.

· Banned
2,877 Posts
I had both 11 and 7 in. models..Didn't notice any difference..sold both because i didnt like the piston system and the rubber covering..Another thing that can go wrong in the woods! Went back to a vibracheck isolator, and it just plain works! No worries in the woods anymore.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Have not tried the Octane based on the mixed reviews here on AT. As far as an S-Coil, I moved one over to my Guardian for a very short time. Didn't notice an real difference in noise, but found it too light. I'm shooting with an experimental 8" homemade aluminum stab. Weight feels much better for the overall balance and not noticing any noise concerns.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.