Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a post for everyone to post their stories and pictures. Ill be in the woods after work!! Hope someone got something!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
had a doe and fawn come buy at 8:20 this morning, than off to work, i'll be back on stand by 3:00 should be a good pm hunt.

·
Banned
310 Posts
im sitting in class right now... college is a waste of time and money... i should be in the stand..

I get out at noon... hope to be set up in the stand by 2 at the latest for a good 6 hour sit

·
Registered
824 Posts
Saw a doe and her fawn working through the beans right at sunrise(6:55 give or take). Left the stand around 915 or so, storm moving in soon and didn't want to get stuck in a tree in that. I'll be back out this weekend though.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Weather is TERRIBLE here in central Iowa now............kinda stinks. Raining sideways. Not sure too many folks are out there!

Matt

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
i'll be out there after work if its not storming ...

·
Registered
241 Posts
"im sitting in class right now... college is a waste of time and money".

I hope Mihunta is not my boy's screen name-he is an avid bowhunter, however I have nearly $40,000 sunk in his education so far-better be taking class seriously

·
Registered
758 Posts
You are all lucky! Mine doesn't open untill NOV. 1

·
Banned
1,490 Posts
I sat in the rain and wind until 10am. Saw two yearlings run by and that was it. I was soaked to the bone, but enjoying being out in the woods again. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
240 Posts
saw roughly thirty deer this morning. had a shot at a couple of does but for one reason or another didnt take them. majority were does. i saw a huge bodied deer at first light about 60 yards away that im pretty sure was a buck but not sure then i had a spike actually walk between my ladder stand and the tree. goin back ou tin a little bit. hopin to get a shot off tonight. just want some venison in the freezer.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Smacked a doe with my Athens this morning.... :) Coroner put time of death @ 7:17 am. 20yrd shot, she ran 30yrds, so it was a 50 yard recovery.. Tagged, bagged, getting made into burger as I type.. ;)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Smacked a doe with my Athens this morning.... :) Coroner put time of death @ 7:17 am. 20yrd shot, she ran 30yrds, so it was a 50 yard recovery.. Tagged, bagged, getting made into burger as I type.. ;)
I'll be down your way later this evening to rope some slickheads myself

·
Registered
36 Posts
Northern Indiana

Missing out on opening day for the first time in 10 years. However talked to a buddy of mine. Was out this morning and had 11 bucks come thru. His partner took and eight and he is tracking his still....makes me sick not to be out but sometimes things come up that just make you wait. I wish everyone the best but wanted to give everyone a note that they are moving....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts