Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other thread on here along with a thread on ADVrider.com got me wondering. Lets here some stories on weird and creepy things that you guys have come across in the woods hunting! I have none at this point...(a good thing!)

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
LOL
People always think I'm crazy when I tell this story. I was hunting in a "remote" part of Kentucky. While driving some of the "back roads", I saw an old and run down house with "literally" hundreds, if not thousands of doll heads hanging from string all over the house, porch, and trees. All different shapes and sizes.
Later that afternoon I asked some of the people in town about the place and was told the woman who lived there was a Witch.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Many years ago while hiking in the bush (Australia) I found a dog fighting pit. It was about 4x4 metres, about 1.5 metres deep maybe deeper, and had benches all around it for the spectators. We realised at once what it was, as the local paper had talked about illegal dogfighting.......when we got back home we reported it to the police at Woy Woy police station. A week or so later they arrested 20+ men there...

I have found a bush humpy in an area where Vietnam veterans were living withdrawn from society....we just left it as it was and walked on.

Found "occult stuff" a few times as well - just left it as it was. Neither me nor my hiking freind Greg believe the supernatural exists, so it didn't bother us at all.

·
Registered
497 Posts
LOL
People always think I'm crazy when I tell this story. I was hunting in a "remote" part of Kentucky. While driving some of the "back roads", I saw an old and run down house with "literally" hundreds, if not thousands of doll heads hanging from string all over the house, porch, and trees. All different shapes and sizes.
Later that afternoon I asked some of the people in town about the place and was told the woman who lived there was a Witch.
Dolls creep me out...I'd be out of there so quick

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
A guy I hunt with sometime's walked up on a dead man on the side of the levee one morning.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
About 25 years ago my brother was rabbit hunting near Sumpter Michigan. When he saw the beagles rolling around in something dead, he went over to pull then off it, and discovered they were rolling around in the remains of a dead woman. She was decapitated and in an advanced state of decomposition. My brother was about 16 at the time and was completely "freaked out".Her identity wasn't verified until 20 years later.

Another time a buddy and I were running our beagles in an overgrown area in Taylor Michigan. Suddenly a girl in her late teens emerged from a culvert. She looked very "scraggly" and "unkept". About a week later we were running dogs at the same place and saw where she had been sleeping under the culvert. There was a sleeping bag, some tattered clothes, and a letter from a mental hospital in Illinois. We contacted the Taylor police who did do an "investigation" but we were never given any information about her.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Advrider.com is one of my fav sites. The TAT goes right in front of my place of business. Talked to some interesting people from all over the world. Had a guy from Oregon riding a 45 year old Triumph 150 trail this past week. Sorry for the derail.

·
Liv4Rut
7,330 Posts
I don't have many. My dads friends though where catfishing late at night under a very tall bridge connecting Illinois and Iowa. About 2am there was a huge splash about 15 yards away from them. They popped on some lights and all they could see was two feet kicking. A guy committed suicide by jumping off the bridge and his torso drove down in the mud keeping him almost perfectly upright just leaving his legs out upside down.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
a dog wrapped in a sleeping bag half buried found about 100 yards from s public hunting parking lot. Needless to say when we seen the sleeping bag and all the flies we were a little worried it was a person

·
Registered
6,554 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Used to do some fishing by a private reservoir where no one (not even me haha) was supposed to be. My buddy and I were walking back on a remote peninsula of the lake and found a lean-to made from hemlock boughs and a fire smoldering from the night before. All pretty normal, except that every tree within a 50 yard circle was spray painted with pentagrams and there was a HUGE pile of animal bones- all different types. Not sure who was camping there but they were weird as hell

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
While I was camping on an island we found a magazine of some sort of semi-automatic rifle - it was full of "bullets" that were made entirely out of plastic, shell case, everything. No discernable "projectile". Most odd - maybe one of you gun guys could tell me what it was.....

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
If I lived back home in Australia Cypert - I'd still have a 750 Guzzi but I would also have a trailbike for a little ADV stuff.

·
Registered
17,259 Posts
ran across a farmer that was trying to help move his sheep- somehow it had got it's hooves stuck in the boots. Though about helping but it seemed it was a game. The sheep would break free, then the farmer would take chase....Though about calling the law but the sheep seemed happy.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I was walking in a wildlife management area and went off the trail into heavy brush. I came upon a lawn chair and beneath it were a couple of unopened snicker bars. Spooky!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
When I was about 12, I was horseback riding with my mom and young brother on public land near our home when we came across a dead young buck. It was laying next to a fire pit surrounded by beer cans and liquor bottles with some "adult toys". Some sickos got together and got weird that night.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not hunting, but one afternoon I was out riding dirt roads in the Ozarks. Stopped for a map check and to get a drink. I noticed the cross roads I was at had a odd name. Later on at home that night while watching the news. I hear a lady was beat to death with a claw hammer .25 of a mile from that intersection THAT afternoon. Never rode again without my pistol.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts