Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bow: 1st Gen Mathews TRX 38 57 pounds at 29.5 inches.

Issue: After about 1000 shots, the d loop starts rotating to the point where I have to rotate the knots back inline with the peep, ( this is not a peep rotation issue) otherwise it misaligns the peep during draw. However, it takes real effort to rotate it back in alignment. I replaced the d loop and it was good for about 1000 more shots and now the issue is repeating itself. D loop is still tight as can be, just rotating at the shot. Any ideas?
I'm gonna check the serving to make sure its fine and reserve if needed. Strings are a few months old.
Never seen this before in any of my bows and 20+ years of shooting. Slow mo video shows the string whipping real hard at the shot. Maybe this bow model just has a butt load of rotational inertia? Maybe the serving is barely loose under the d loop? Maybe its Maybelline?

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
It seems to me like the times I have experienced that, a change of D loop material solved the worst of it. If you have a friendly pro shop. Have them pull off about 6 ft of several different ones, and you will have a good supply. There is a difference in the materials, colors, how they burn, wear, some are stiffer than others. Make sure you are getting the cord on the opposite side of the string on each knot. I have had some material that just seemed to work better with some bows and some strings. I went through a long period of experimenting with D loops and it really makes a difference sometimes which type I used. While all where serviceable, usually I could fall on a combination that just seems to be made for a specific bow, string, release, serving. The guys at the shop would ask me sometimes, what are you doing with all that cord? I do not like exactly how my d loop is performing....off it comes. BCY 24 is the standard, but some colors bleed, etc. I dunno...funny thing sometimes. Some just handles and works better sometimes . I do not tolerate a serving or D loop that is not real stable ....bugs me to no end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts