Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to the local archery shop in a couple days to look at some in person, but so far I like these the best:

McPherson Bishop

PSE Mojo NRG Hybrid

Bowtech Constitution

I've looked at the Hoyt bows and while they are very popular I don't really care for the looks as much. The Darton Executive Vegas,
specs look good but I also don't care as much for the looks, haven't seen many reviews.
Whisper Creek bows look interesting too.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I haven't shot any of those bows but I did shoot an Old Glory!! Boy was that thing sweet:)
I am sure the Constitution is nice.

I think I need another bow;)

I'm waiting to see what 07 holds.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
BT Connie. No contest!

·
Registered
803 Posts
meanv2 said:
I haven't shot any of those bows but I did shoot an Old Glory!! Boy was that thing sweet:)
I am sure the Constitution is nice.

I think I need another bow;)

I'm waiting to see what 07 holds.
Have to agree with you on the OG, sweetest target bow I have ever shot. Okay I may be biased because I own one :) but it makes for a great 3D and indoor bow. I was going to go with the constitution but the longer ATA made the string slip passed my nose a little.
Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have a Constitution and an Old Glory, cant go wrong with either, but I like the Constitution better for target.

For comparisons, I havent shot the McPherson but have shot a buddy of mines Mojo 3D and didnt care for it at all. But he loves it?!?

Of these 3 which is the smoothest, most accurate for target shooting?
Only you can answer that question. You need to try all of them you can and decide for yourself, a bow that fits YOU and is comfortable for YOU will be the most accurate and smoothest bow for YOU.

:cocktail: LastCall:cocktail:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I have shot all three.

The Bishop is no longer made. It was replaced with the Pearson Generation II. It is a very sweet shooting bow. Aims great, good speed, great back wall, and shoots like a hunting bow (no vibration, hand shock etc).

The Mojo aims very well. The one with the cam 1/2 has some forward jump to it (actually a good bit of forward jump). It is still a good shooting bow if the jump doesn't bother you. I think the one cam is supposed to have less of the jump but I am not sure. The PSE folks were talking at the ASA CLassic that the new 2007 comp bows were almost ready to hit the streets and they were fired up about them. Of course they would just grin at each other and not give any true specs on them.

The constitution is very smooth but isn't it a bunch shorter, axle to axle wise than the others you mention? According to your draw length that could make a big difference on whether it fits you for competition shooting or not.

All three are nice but you are doing the right thing by shooting them all before making the dive.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I own two Constitutions and they are definately shootable . Once the shop sets up the three bows;shoot one a day and give them a fair test for fit ,holding weight, mass weight,and comfort.Then decide on accessories:wink:

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I have a McPherson Bishop in gunmetal grey. It is one awesome bow.

It shoots great, is vibe free, balances well and is an all around sweet bow.

It's the best hybrid that I have shot, IMO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the responses, I suspected the Bowtech would be most popular. I'll let you guys know what I get and put up pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts