Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
bear season opened for me on sept 1, last night shot a 6 and a half footer. nice chocolate brown. hope to have some pics up soon.:D on my way out to pick up the bear this morning, i seen 7 mulie bucks all herded up at least three of them would have went 180 plus. could have ben an even longer day had i not forgot my trigger release.:mad: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tree jumper,
thank you for the congrats and yes he is a very nice bear. he's such a beautiful brown. for me its not very often that you see a larger bear in a color phase other than black. soo i jumped at the chance. it was quite an interesting stalk actually, there was actually two bears in the field and had to stalk PAST the first one to get to the big boy. the smaller of the two busted me and started coming towards me so ontop of having to watch the big one and moving when i could, i had to keep a close eye on curious george right beside me trying to figure out who/what i was. after the smaller one lost interest he went over towards the other one and it just so happens that every time my bear had his head down the other one had his head up.....:rolleyes: so....... i had to be verrry sneaky...:cool: finally just befor dusk i got a shot slightly quartering away at 40 yards. and the rest is pepperoni so to speak..:D

·
DefiantShooter
10,846 Posts
2003 Season.....

I started mine well also in Nevada!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IKE,
beutiful buck!!!!:D now just imagine seeing that and forgetting your release... grrrrrr.....:mad: :eek: oh well i know where they are at. pretty much have them patterned though!! i'll post those bear pics as soon as i get them back. maybe a deer pic or two two....:D time willl tell. good luck to everyone this hunting season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts