Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here we go Va. only 4 more days and a wake up :D Who's ready and who's not?
I'm as anxious as a kid on Christmas Eve!!! I've got a late night Friday due to work schedule but i'm not gonna let the lack of :sleep: keep me out the woods Sat. morn.
Unlike my old :mg: hunting buddy that I'll probably have to pry out of bed to get him going.
So, fellow Va. bowhunters post up if your ready and shame on ya if your not :embara: As for me, READY

·
Registered
141 Posts
countin the hours........... aint going to be aable to sleep friday nite.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Just need to wash/dry my early season hunting clothes, which will be dealt with today after work. Other than that I'm ready to go. Weather forecast for SW VA looks good for opening morning. Cannot wait!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure you VA boys post up them kills so I can see what I am Missing. Best of luck to you all.
Don't worry brotha, if things go according to plan, there will be more camera flashes than at a swimsuit model cover shoot. :cam:

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Well.... Not ready totally!
Got a new place to hunt and I haven't even began to learn it much yet. Know of some white oak patches and some funnels that I want to get a ladder stand in. Just got to get it done. Still have to find a place for my other ladder in a good funnel area.
One other place I hunt I went to "finalize" the spot, clear and last miute limbs that might have grown, make sure there aren't an wasp nests,... STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to love those who steal!!!!

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Heck yeahhhh I'm ready!!

I'm 100% ready to roll here!! I have everything ready to go!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Good to go...finalized the broadhead tuning last night!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I feel for ya brother but look at it on the pos. side. Your getting a nice, new, safe stand out of the deal. :D

You know, you could get more done if you would stop wasting time watching those Stillars take a beating :eek: on Sundays.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well.... Not ready totally!
Got a new place to hunt and I haven't even began to learn it much yet. Know of some white oak patches and some funnels that I want to get a ladder stand in. Just got to get it done. Still have to find a place for my other ladder in a good funnel area.
One other place I hunt I went to "finalize" the spot, clear and last miute limbs that might have grown, make sure there aren't an wasp nests,... STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to love those who steal!!!!
oops, forgot to hit the quote button :embara: See above post.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
Had a live sighting of a niiiiice one Sunday that is VERY accessible......... But I really don't "feel it" until about the middle October.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i just shot my Matthews last night for the first time in months. my season started 9/5. got 3 so far(does). I am going to leave the crossbow at home and use a vertical bow in 2 of my spots.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not totally ready, I have a little more stuff to put together but it will get done. I'm betting for a slow start to the season because of the full moon we are going to have this coming weekend and through most of next week.

http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/index.php?month=10&year=2009&css=moon.css&Submit=Go
Dang! Why did you have to bring that up :zip: However, your right....it usually makes for tough hunting. None the less, I'll be out there getting er done. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Im ready for the opener. The cooler weather has really gave me the fever. I pulled my card from a cam at one of me stands yesterday. The deer seem to be really using it hard around 9am and then in the evening around 6. Hopefully Ill have a nice plump doe down opening morning.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts