Archery Talk Forum banner

Official Virginia Success Thread!

9580 Views 133 Replies 61 Participants Last post by  Kstigall
Alright guys, Lets see those Virginia Whitetails.

I guess I will Start.

Shot this guy tonight 10-6-08 at 17 yards with a 50 yard recovery.

Hunting over White Oak Acorns and a Scrape.

He is my best buck to date.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Congrats , Nice buck

· Registered
1,539 Posts
:darkbeer: very nice......... congrats.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
thats a good deer,especially for Va.
ditto..........and with a M-M............M............Math...........Oh heck I can't slow myself down to sat it.............:wink:

· Registered
448 Posts
Congrats! That's an awesome buck! Great start to the season!

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Here's my first deer of this season and ever. Shot him at roughly 35yds. on Saturday. He ran about 100yds. and tried to sneak down the back side of the mountain, but thankfully the trees stopped him before he got too far.

Attachments

· Registered
220 Posts
Shot this guy Saturday AM. Nice young buck that I just couldn't pass up. He's my first kill with my new DXT, and my biggest buck yet. 30 yard shot.

Attachments

· Breathn
13,012 Posts
ttt

went out yesterday morning after working all night..:confused::confused::confused::mad: got in the stand right before light and saw one small 4 pointer but let him go and was getting down at 10:00 am to come home for some sleep and I had just pulled my rope to tie my bow and let it down when this fellow waddles out ,I ranged him at 34yds and let the rage fly.Thing almost cut him in half.I love shooting ground hogs..especially when I hit them..lol:wink:

Attachments

· pdm57
761 Posts
south central va buck

Shot this deer on the evening of the 6th at 6:05 pm. Came in just after a smaller buck and gave me a 23 yd shot. After finding good blood for about 75 yds, I thought I'd jumped him up, so opted to back out and come back the next morning. We found him about 70 yds from where I stopped the night before. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep that night.

Attachments

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great jpb everyone

Keep them coming.

What is everyone seeing in Virginia now?

I'm seeing the beginning of the buck sign and the white oaks are starting to fall nicely.

· Registered
24 Posts
Keswick buck

the white oaks have been dumpin acorns here in albemarle county for almost a month now...its rediculus how many are dropping...i killed a nice 8 pt. weds morning around 8 AM...1st deer of the season...first deer with my new bow.....2nd biggest ive killed....25 yd shot...went about 80 yds and piled up....great way to start the season

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.