Archery Talk Forum banner

Officially cleaned out!

772 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  tmolina
I just got done chunking up the last of 07's venison to make my first day of fall stew.:set1_pot: The freezer is now Empty. :sad: Still almost a month till opening day here. Damn you Massachusetts!

And to top it off I'm getting married opening weekend. It's sure to be the happiest day of my life right? RIGHT? Yeah, I'm so happy I could :cry::Cry::cry:

Oh well I think today I'll just sit here and :darkbeer:
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
I just got done chunking up the last of 07's venison to make my first day of fall stew.:set1_pot: The freezer is now Empty. :sad: Still almost a month till opening day here. Damn you Massachusetts!

And to top it off I'm getting married opening weekend. It's sure to be the happiest day of my life right? RIGHT? Yeah, I'm so happy I could :cry::Cry::cry:

Oh well I think today I'll just sit here and :darkbeer:
congrats on the wedding, i was lucky enough to have a girl that realized that we better get married in Aug instead of the Oct/Nov wedding she wanted because I would want to hunt..

Congrats on the wedding, and don't worry, after the wedding, the first quiet night in the stand is so much better than anything else...

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Don't get me wrong, I got a great one. She always wanted to get married in the fall and the weekend of the 18th was the only one still available at her church. I'd rather get it done then than in Nov. when things are really cooking in the woods.

She knew ahead of time that it was the kick off to bow season, and said right away "we don't need to go on a honey moon right away, I know it's hunting season ". I wasn't going to delay our honey moon, but it meant a lot that she recognized this. But as it turned out, we decided to go to Alaska, so we're not going till the following summer anyway, and she was the one who recommended that I take a day to hire a guide and go fly fishing.

I'm not complaining, it's just getting close and I'm starting to get a little edgy. I'm looking forward to getting married, but honestly am pretty nervous about the wedding, I don't exactly love being the center of attention. I am definitely looking forward to that first night... in the stand.
:darkbeer:
Matt

P.S. Stew smells great!

· NAASP
16,078 Posts
me too

I have one package of steak. One small pack of jerky. And 2 packs of brats.

Also, 2 - 3# summer sausages.

Though around this time next week that will be gone as I will be taking it with me up north as incentive to shooting some deer.

And congrats oldmanperry.

Took years but I also found a great one. Mine also "allows" for hunting season.:wink:

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Still have around 40lbs. Grind, roasts (gotta make more jerky) and 2 packs of backstrap.

Just killed a doe yesterday, good thing I have a big freezer.:wink:

Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals!

· Registered
494 Posts
Congrats

Congrats on the upcoming wedding; just one day out of the season won't be too bad. lol

We were just about out of meat until my neighbor down the road had a small spike get hit in the road and flopped down in her driveway. The sheriff came out and finished it off (both back legs broken). They gave me the tag and the animal. We have enough to get us through opening day later this month.

Best wishes and good shooting once you get back in the woods.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the upcoming wedding; just one day out of the season won't be too bad. lol

We were just about out of meat until my neighbor down the road had a small spike get hit in the road and flopped down in her driveway. The sheriff came out and finished it off (both back legs broken). They gave me the tag and the animal. We have enough to get us through opening day later this month.

Best wishes and good shooting once you get back in the woods.
Yeah! Bow season doesn't open for a month, but I could always use my Truck. It's well tuned and has way more kinetic energy than my Tribby. Perfect Thanks! :darkbeer:

· Registered
494 Posts
Bumper Huntin'

Maybe you could serve road kill backstrap at the reception? :)

I'd suggest using someone else's truck. I clipped a doe a few years back. The deductible was only $50, but having the wheels in the body shop for two weeks was rotten. Ask your best man for his truck before you go hunting with the front bumper. LOL

· tmolina
2,075 Posts
Thanks, Don't get me wrong, I got a great one. She always wanted to get married in the fall and the weekend of the 18th was the only one still available at her church. I'd rather get it done then than in Nov. when things are really cooking in the woods.

She knew ahead of time that it was the kick off to bow season, and said right away "we don't need to go on a honey moon right away, I know it's hunting season ". I wasn't going to delay our honey moon, but it meant a lot that she recognized this. But as it turned out, we decided to go to Alaska, so we're not going till the following summer anyway, and she was the one who recommended that I take a day to hire a guide and go fly fishing.

I'm not complaining, it's just getting close and I'm starting to get a little edgy. I'm looking forward to getting married, but honestly am pretty nervous about the wedding, I don't exactly love being the center of attention. I am definitely looking forward to that first night... in the stand.
:darkbeer:
Matt

P.S. Stew smells great!
She'll say anything until that ring is on the finger and its all legal, don't fall for it.....Run....Run....Run

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.