Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I going to fletch-in my first dozen of arrows with blazers, and I'd like to know how much offset do you use with it? I'm afraid blazer are very short for a 4º angle... ah! I'm going to use easton's epics ST.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I do mine with a slight right helical, but if you are going to offset them. You will probably only be able to do about 1 degree.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Just switched to them yesterday. 2" and no helical..I use a drop away rest...WOW...these babies are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
Just set up your arrow in the jig and play with the offset. Get it as offset as you can while still making good contact with the arrow for adhesion.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i shoot blazers with no offset and the broadheads i shoot hit right with my fp's

·
Registered
106 Posts
My fixed blades were not flying with the field points with streight blazers, but I put a 2 degree helical and problem solved. the mechanicals always flew true.

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
What jig are you using??? I use the Jo-Jan multi and if you use the straight clamp you move the top slide to the line with the R and the bottom slide to the line with the R you will be almost there. Place a Blazer in the clamp and check to see if the center of the vane crosses over the center of the arrow shaft from left to right. If either the front or the back of the vane is too far off the shaft move those slides back towards center just a bit at a time. I believe Bohning reccomends a 2 degree offset and this is how I try to obtain it. I have noticed that my BH fly better and group better since I started this. I always had good groups with my FP but I am sure it helps more than we know. I personally believe anything that spins stabilizes better than something just moving forward. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
960 Posts
3 degree offset with a straight clamp

I am using a bitznburger with a straight clamp set at approximately 3 degrees offset. This is the same set up I use for my target shafts.

I set up a dozen GT 5575's with 2" Blazers and 125 gr. Thunder Heads.
I set up a dozen GT 3555's with 3" Vanetec Super Spines and Ultimate Steel 100 gr points.

Both sets of arrows shoot awsomely with no tuning of the bow between arrows. You would think I was shooting target points.

Not sure which I'll hunt with. The kinetic energy on the 5575's is only 1 pound more than the 3555's.

SLash

1 - 9 of 9 Posts