Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
are they chasing yet??
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
did anyone ever try right helical with a blazer vane using a bitzenburger jig??
i was just wondering if it was worth it to buy one for the bitz or just use the off-set???

·
Registered
376 Posts
right helical blazers

tried fletching some for a buddy of mine exactly as your thinking, they seemed to be to stiff to make the curve without getting all funky looking, they turn out fine offset though

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I fletch all my blazers on a bitz with the right helical clamp. Make sure before trying that the base is touching the shaft squarely before gluing. It does put some offset in the vane. I set mine about 3/4 of an inch from the end of the shaft. I wouldn't go out and buy a helical clamp for this purpose. I have other customers that like helical and longer vanes. that is why I have a helical clamp. A straight clamp set with offset will work fine.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I only recently started doing my own fletching. When it came time to repair some arrows I fletched a couple with Blazers and a right helix using a Grayling jig. I was surprised at how much helix and offset I was actually able to get on ST Axis arrows while still making good shaft contact. I had always heard it was difficult to do especially with small diameter shafts. So I was happy with the way they turned out. Now I want to see how they will shoot through a WB. I Always heard that helical fletching does not shoot well through a Biscuit but I know many who do and like the results. Guess it is best to find out first hand what works and doesn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts