Archery Talk Forum banner

Ohio 09 expo

2166 Views 65 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  Van Handle
We went yesterday and it was packed to the gills! Seemed like there were more dealers there this year. Not as many deer heads to look at, but there were some nice ones there! Oddest one was a mount from 1968, deer looked nothing like the deer of today. Alot of new gimmics out there to see and some new bows there but you better have the $$$$ if you want to buy one.:eek: Funny thing was the outfitters, pricing is getting ridiculous!! One outfit here in Ohio wants $3000 for a 5 day hunt--:crazy: And yes it is a high fence, and if you kill a 190 or above it goes to $9600:mg:, There are some good deals to be had if you really look.

The best thing there though was Ralph & Vicki Cianiarulo-Achers choice! these people are the most down to earth people I've every met. They gave a great seminar and it was not about beating their own drum! They discussed the future of hunting-future generations-and the explosion of female hunters.
They are very people oriented and don't talk down to you and they really enjoyed having kids come to their booth and take pics. They love cutting on each other all the time!!!

Well that's my 2 cents and If you went I hope you enjoyed the show!!

TREESAP:usa:
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

14,246 Posts
I was there yesterday also and yes it was packed :eek:. I picked up a treewalker treestand and put an order in for my first longbow from striker bows it was a pretty good time though.. I think next I am going to head up on Sunday so I can check out more deer heads though ..

· Registered
1,032 Posts
Was there on Friday with the family. If you are taking along a kid, Friday is definitely the time to go. I didn't look at the outfitters, since I don't have the money to even check into them right now. We did talk to Ralph and Vickie...they tried to get my daughter to talk to them, but she is just way too shy. We bought some hats and got them autographed and tried to get my daughter to take a pic...that didn't happen either. 5 seconds after we walked away from their booth, she goes "We watch them on TV!" I checked out the Warmbag and will own one before next hunting season. Picked up some scrape conditioner from Trophy Advantage. I think the biggest find was the pink pro-pod that Fisherman's Warehouse had...my wife was literally jumping up and down she was so excited! :set1_applaud:

· Registered
1,678 Posts
I was there Sat and Sun. Had a great time as I do every year. Really like the new Muddy climbing sticks. I got an awesome deal on Millennium climbing sticks. I had a wonderful talk with Ralph and Vicki... awesome people! BuckeyeCam had a great show special price going.

· Registered
358 Posts
not me

I was at the Beef expo all day saturday but didn't get a chance to make it over there. My friend Jeff went today and said he picked up a nice slate call. He also won the photography contest in the wildlife division. He got second in the misc. category and third in the flower category! :set1_applaud:

· Registered
14,296 Posts
I'd be curious as to the paid attendance, seemed lower than last year.

Best time to go is Friday, Saturday is pretty hectic. If you go on Saturday need to go about 3:00.

Sunday, go at 2, but that only gives you 2 hours.

I wish I would have bought one of those huge scent lock totes they had for $20.00. You could fit a small car in one of them things.

You guys see that 161" at the Ohio Big Buck Club booth? What a thick mammoth beast! :eek:

· Registered
1,678 Posts
It was a decent show. Attendance seemed to be down a little this year. I don't know if that was economy related or not, but not a busy as years past. The only thing that I was shocked by was the price of the firenocks... $60 for 3... are you kidding me? That's just plain ridiculous!

· Registered
14,296 Posts
It was a decent show. Attendance seemed to be down a little this year. I don't know if that was economy related or not, but not a busy as years past. The only thing that I was shocked by was the price of the firenocks... $60 for 3... are you kidding me? That's just plain ridiculous!
there were lumenox for $8. 3 for $30. Sold out.

Did you see them hunting chairs they wanted $200 for? Were they joking around?

· Registered
1,678 Posts
there were lumenox for $8. 3 for $30. Sold out.

Are you talking about the swivel blind chairs on the tripod? I saw the chairs and thought they were nice, but didn't check to see how much they were. $200 is a ton for hunting chairs!

· Excellence is tolerated.
3,063 Posts
Seemed to me like there were less outfitters than usual (and for the poor outfitters that were there, the crickets were chirping in their booths).

There were way too many foodplot seed booths.

Overall, there were plenty of good deals to be had.

· Registered
5,001 Posts
Prices.

Like everything. It is the consumer that finally determine the price. If it is over price, it will not be sold and the company will be out of business. Like who are willing to pay over 200K for a vehicle? But I do not see Benz, Bentley, Lamborghini going out of business soon.

As far as chair prices is concern, did anyone check out the price of a Herman Miller Aeron chair for the office? It MSRP is $1,297.00 It is sure nice, I got one used for under $500.00. I also get one of those hunting chair in the show too. It sure is nice.

If one think anything is too much money for the asking, the best way to approach it is not to buy it. BUT if one think it is good value for the asking price, then the price is right.

You get what you pay for, or willing to pay for. Did anyone remember when Mathews asked over $500.00 for a bow, everyone said it is crazy? May I ask what is the average price of a decent bow?

Unaffordable and expensive is too different thing.

· Registered
14,296 Posts
You get what you pay for, or willing to pay for. .....
not so sure that is always true. Something is worth what people are willing to pay. Go shop at Bob's IGA then go to Walmart and buy the same stuff and report back.

I think the best exhibit was the Rittenburger meat booth. Many Tastey free samples.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.