Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took him last night. Good size bucks down there. I believe the hot doe from a local place in MI brought him right to my stand and maybe the hecs suit is what kept him soo calm at close distance. He didn't flinch but he did bleed 2in cut TNT through the shoulder and ran about 60 yds

Attachments

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,425 Posts
Great buck! Congratulations fellow Michigander! I keep hearing Ohio has the monster bucks, yours is proof to that! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Wow, nice! Congrats, that will look good on the wall.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
way to go bro, nice buck!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone! it's 25in outside, 8in G1's, 4 and 6in g2's. Fancy to hear that in ohio if you can hang a ring on it, it's a point. They do have big deer because when I brought it to gander to get checked in near dayton they said it was a "pretty nice buck" then when I bring it to ionia/saranac michigan they all take pictures of it and it dwarfs the others down there and still gets entered into the big buck contest although I admit it's from out of state. The section I shot it in only allows 1 deer per person PERIOD. So people pass up little guys all the time. That could be good for michigan but I think we have the worst DNR ever, herds never change it's about 13 does to 1 buck on private land where I hunt. I get a shot at something remotely big ever 3 years but 1 day in ohio man.

Message to DNR stop buzzing over baitpiles with your planes and drop doe tag prices

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
some grass, I think he was eating the grass where I was walking because I put doe pee all over my muck boots and rubbed it in and put drops here and there. I think I had 2 different hot doe pees. Doing some combo hot doe scents

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Awesome buck.

·
hunt or be hunted
3,953 Posts
damn bro he is as wide as a dumptruck , gonna look sweet on the wall ! cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
nice buck Congrats! But please stop telling everybody about our bucks here. I'm trying to keep it a secret.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice buck Congrats! But please stop telling everybody about our bucks here. I'm trying to keep it a secret.
I know. The archers that hunted this one don't dare shoot over 20 yds, use any calls etc.... I'm like batman up there

1 - 20 of 31 Posts