Archery Talk Forum banner

Ohio Buck Down

1656 Views 25 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  gr8whitehuntr2
The season started out with a wide open 20 yard miss, luckily on a doe and not this guy. I got in the stand sat. morning about an hour before daylight, had a buck come thru but it was just 2 dark. About 8 a ground hog came out, which we have been wanting to shoot, I passed, thank god. A doe came in about 35-40 yards I passed once again thank god. About 10 min later I hear which I thought was the ground hog, boy was I wrong. all I could see was rack, still thick in the woods but I could tell he was heading my way, maybe to buckeyes mock scrap, (thanks Jeff) the buck knew something was not right, he froze for 20 min and started to move again, got behind a big tree and I was able to draw and he froze again, I held back about 2-3 mins, I was ready to let it down but he started to move, I thought he was just going to walk out of range I thought I grunted and stopped him but after watchin the video, I realized I did'nt. The 1st shot I thought was far back but he ran closer to me and I was ready, put another one in and he went down after another 10 yards, he died pretty quick so the 1st shot must have did some damage. Called Buckeye and I think he was there in a few min, checked the deer out and started taking pictures, thanks for all your help Jefff can't wait to return the favor. If you count points by hanging a ring on them he has 16 points. Sorry for the long read. This smile is going to last along time.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Congrats

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys, and as for the scent stalker, I think its great, I had one in front of a trail cam, not to far from where this buck was killed and I got 5 different bucks checking it out.(Mock) I also use it to walk in as it drips every 20 steps or so. The best thing is saving the urine from every deer, can't beat it for fresh and free urine, everyone I know that hunts, I tell them to call me if they shoot one. You can get it them at Cabelas now, try one out, you will not be disapointed.

· Classifieds Administrator
39,736 Posts
What a great buck and story!!

Congratulations on what sounded like an exciting hunt!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.