Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Archery Addict
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I have pushed and hunted really hard this year. I have logged more treestand hours then I ever have trying to connect with a Buck and finally filled my buck tag. I had sat 5 times in the past week in temps below 20 degree this buck that i had never had on camera before showed up behind me yesterday at 4pm and stood at 40yds for a hour browsing on shrubs and just standing and looking. Some does eventually showed up about 5 60 yds behind him and made thier way through the woods towards me and he finally committed to come in with 7 does all with in 20 yds and the buck also it was gonna be tough getting my bow drawn by some miracle every deer looked different directions away from me so I seized my opportunity to quickly draw my bow and hurry my pin behind the bucks shoulder that was only standing 17 yds away. With a gentle pull on my Stan shootoff my Hoyt Carbon Spyder rigged with Pure Perfextion strings and cables launched my Black Eagle Rampage tipped with NAP Killzone through the lungs of my biggest buck to date as I watch him run off me shaking like crazy the buck barely making it 100 yds and dropped in a wide open field I was filled with an overwhelming happyness! What a great finish to 2017 Happy New Year to all

Attachments

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Congrats, great buck!

·
Mark
5,439 Posts
Nice buck! I don’t how long you hunted but it’s sure been very cold!

I’m getting ready to order string set from Dustin as well, hope they bring me a buck like that next year!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Great buck! Way to stick it out in the cold temps! Congrats!

·
Archery Addict
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice buck! I don’t how long you hunted but it’s sure been very cold!

I’m getting ready to order string set from Dustin as well, hope they bring me a buck like that next year!
I just had mine put on last week and they worked their magic

·
Registered
16,703 Posts
Congrats ! Nice shot to. Looks like heart shot?

·
are they chasing yet??
2,326 Posts
Congrats on a great late season buck,not a easy task to accomplish. Been out in pa. In single digits this week and hardly seen anything.after two weeks of being chased around in gun season they are still in hiding

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Hats off to you sir for playing through the cold. Congrats on an awesome bucks.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts