Archery Talk Forum banner

Ohio Opener

859 Views 15 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  BROX
Well I saw a giant buck early this morning with a smaller one. No shot in the cornfield. He is probably a ten or twelve. Had me shaking like a leaf. They left the cornfield and I was still standing in my stand. Saw a coyote coming through the woods so I grunted to get it to stop, nothing. So I yelled hey at it and he stopped with his shoulder just past a tree. I shot AND....killed me a tree. lol. Nocked another arrow but he trotted off. A little bit later I saw a doe and fawn. Drew on the doe but let her go. Saw one other small doe. Going to head back out later and try to get a shot at the big boy.

Anyone else see/get anything?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
Sounds like an exciting morning! I wish I was out today, but I've had a busy 2 weeks at work and haven't had time to tune my broadheads yet. I'd like to b on stand this morning, but it would be irresponsible to do so before tuning my broadheads - which I'll be doing here shortly.

· Registered
872 Posts
Today

Went out this mourning, seen 2 does crossing a bean field at about 250 yards. that was it.
I am hunting a T type situation where standing corn on one side and soy beans on the other with a tree line and then some woods.

Good luck to all JOHN

· Registered
580 Posts
Didn't see a thing.........Screwed up my back yesterday so am struggling with some severe pain and not in a very good mood. :angry::uzi::BangHead: Then......Had some moron walk in on me around 9 a.m. walking along in blue jeans, tennis shoes, bow in one hand and carrying 3 arrows in his other hand. :eek: Just an accident waiting to happen, No written permission. Gave him some advise!......Guy needs a Slick Trick enema.

We need a smilie for MORON!

Tons of corn still up with half of it blowed over due to the hurricane winds so I think they're using it as a bedding area.

Might try again tonight but have to run up town first and get me a "moron tag" :wink:

Dierte is still out in the stand so I'm waiting to hear from him. Hopefully he's having better luck.

Boz

· Registered
244 Posts
nothin but 3 ***** and a bunch of tree rats.gonna sit on the orchard tonight.

· Registered
2,325 Posts
Little bit of bad luck for me. Neighbor's kid who is hunting woods connected to area I'm hunting walked up on my stand about 8:15. Good kid and loves to hunt, just got a little bored in his stand. Cut the beans yesterday and was working ground this morning for winter wheat. Said he wanted to come over and see if anything was out in field eating spilled beans. Seen him coming, hit grunt call a couple times and put him in stealth mode, then scared the stuffing out of him. Pretty funny. Good kid, means well. Hard to get upset over that. Hunting over 40 acres of corn that is totally chewed up. It will happen sooner or later. My son and I both shot bucks and a doe out of there last year. GO BUCKS!!!!

· Registered
2,946 Posts
WAs out this morning but definately did not have a good morning... First off I couldnt find a tree for my climber so I just sat on the ground, farmer comes and starts to take the beans off that im sitting near so my chances of catching a deer slipping to the beans were gone. To top it off when I got to the truck my thermacell was gone! Went back to look for it but couldnt find it... Wind is not right for the spot i was going to hunt tonight so im just gonna wait for tomorrow. Anybody else out today?

· Registered
748 Posts
went out this morning, it was a bit windy, but i had my high hopes, walked right past my stand had to double back to get up in her. a couple hours in had a fella walking around with a xbow like he was stalking some deer right by my stand, i am on private ground with only a select few that have permission and none of them xbow hunt, so i knew something was up.... got down and of course i get this story "i am hunting with my buddy who is acrossed the street who has permission." bunch of bs, but anyway aint gonna get my spirits down gonna be back at it tomorrow night.

· Archery Addict
5,688 Posts
Just got back in and didn't see anything tonight.Had the wind right and i'm glad cause if something would have come in they propbably would have smelled my cause i was misarable and sweating like a pig!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.