Archery Talk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 430 Posts

·
"Shock n Awe"
3,520 Posts
who thinks the rut is gonna be on time, leaning towards it maybe kickin in early or save some huntin time for the last 2 weeks of november? i kinda leaning a little toward all the above !
I think so, that is why I moved my Nov vacation up a week. The rut the past few years at are farm has been a little more sporadic than normal. We have a lot of does which may be part of the reason.

Reactions: madman350

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
who thinks the rut is gonna be on time, leaning towards it maybe kickin in early or save some huntin time for the last 2 weeks of november? i kinda leaning a little toward all the above !
Rut is always pretty much the same in Ohio I've found. Weather and moon phase just dictates whether or not how good it is.

Reactions: Meat and madman350

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
When I hung my third load today my wife said that was enough!
Lol....yeah I didn't wash all my late season stuff yet. I got my kids stuff and my wife's to wash yet. I've got a family that lives to hunt but it sure can be a challenge in many ways.

·
USAF Retired
3,430 Posts
My kids are out of the house, and my wife doesn't hunt.
I don't think she knows I have another load waiting!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Lol :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

·
Registered
987 Posts
37 degrees when I woke up this morning, I’m sure it will be double that next Saturday. 🥵 Hopefully cool enough to not sweat too much. I’ve got a few nice bucks and a couple new stands hung in Carroll County. One more 3D shoot tomorrow and should be all set.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
37 degrees when I woke up this morning, I’m sure it will be double that next Saturday. 🥵 Hopefully cool enough to not sweat too much. I’ve got a few nice bucks and a couple new stands hung in Carroll County. One more 3D shoot tomorrow and should be all set.
Would have been nice if this morning was opening day!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I'm also in Carroll County, near Columbiana County. All my stands have been hung for over a month. I like to have them up early and stay out until season.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i have read in regards to the timing of a full moon of late oct./ early november, which when it appears just preceding the traditional breeding phase of the rut, that it can shift the rut a little to the earlier side, then it peaks around the 10th then kinda falls flat by nov 16 or so., but....
im just feeling that with the new moon mid nov this year, i have a feeling hunting is gonna be good all the way thru thanksgiving. can never rule out the chance at a wallhanger around the 27th or 28th if some crazy heat wave dont suppress daylight chasing.

·
USAF Retired
3,430 Posts
Walked the property in Licking county yesterday. Saw ONE rub. Sure thought there would be more. Saw a couple does, so the boys will show up eventually.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Had two fresh scrapes last week right in my foodplot under a small oak tree 25 yards from my treestand.

81 - 100 of 430 Posts