Archery Talk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
This thread has been fun over the years and keeps me fired up when I am stuck at work. 60 years old and still feel like a kid waiting for season and especially the rut to come! Got this guy on camera but need to get back and put out more minerals as sightings have dropped to almost zilch! God willing I will be in a tree this Fall! Hope everyone here has a great season!!

View attachment 7276524 View attachment 7276525
Bucks arent as interested in the minerals after they come out of velvet....Instead, hang a licking branch over a mock scrape. Thatll get him back on cam
BigBuck.jpg
a97bee22-d9fb-47c8-9094-83da27c26bef.jpg

·
Registered
820 Posts
Just put in my vacation. I try to spread it out as I’ve seen better movement the first week some years and better movement the second or third week of November other years. As of right now I’m off Nov. 2,3,5,6,9,10,11 and obviously the weekends that fall between those dates. I’ve got 7 more days to use after that so I may schedule some more days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Regohio
17,683 Posts
Ok Fellas...lets get motivated...SEASON STARTS SATURDAY AT DAYLIGHT!

These Bucks are still in Covid Trance we should have an easy time of it right???

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Ok Fellas...lets get motivated...SEASON STARTS SATURDAY AT DAYLIGHT!

These Bucks are still in Covid Trance we should have an easy time of it right???
Lol. I wish!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It's almost time !! Feel like a kid waiting on Xmas. It's going to be a warm weekend, so not planning on taking any doe. As of now, wind is not looking good Saturday morning for the spot I wanted to hunt. Good to have options with 18 stands.

·
Team -Third Times a Charm
4,016 Posts
Hoping for a repeat of last year's opening day..had a doe down in the first 5 minutes

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Bone
2,582 Posts
Heading to Wayne National for the weekend for a camping bow hunt, don't really care if going to be warm. Just to get away from my wife for the weekend is worth the gas money.

·
USAF Retired
3,430 Posts
Saw someone with Vermont plates in Knox county today with three or four mineral blocks, a feeder, and a couple bags of deer corn in the back of a truck.

·
Bone
2,582 Posts
I find bait piles in Wayne National all the time, which is illegal. Non residents show up every year to hunt Wayne with a truck load corn. I turned a guy into the game warden a few years ago that was illegally driving his ATV into Wayne hunting over bait and had a dozen empty beer cans under his tree, not sure if the warden followed up but what a POS that guy had to be.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Yea I thought leaving Pennsylvania I might get away from law breaking jerks. They are everywhere.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Has anyone noticed the Oaks dropping acorns heavy yet? Haven’t been to southern Ohio for a few weeks so hoping there’s a good crop when I arrive this weekend.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Im leaving tomorrow at lunchtime man the anticipation is killing me im so ready to get this season started

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Has anyone noticed the Oaks dropping acorns heavy yet? Haven’t been to southern Ohio for a few weeks so hoping there’s a good crop when I arrive this weekend.

There aren't many on the oaks on the properties I hunt in SE Ohio.

Meat

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Here in Carroll County , we have a ton of acorns this year, especially white oaks. Should have the deer up and feeding first and last few hours of the day.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Oak trees are loaded in Gallia county where I hunt.

101 - 120 of 430 Posts