Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday, Dec. 16th I sent one of my hunt club members into a set I hung a week prior to kill a nice 4 year old buck that I had some history with. It was a chess move that I had mixed emotions about. I had hoped to grow this buck to 5 and hunt him myself (next year) but where this buck showed up and the condition he appeared to be in, made him huntable in my mind.

The plan worked just like planed and Al was standing over top his buck an hour before dark. We tapped him out the next day at 148 3/8 and he broke a couple inches off his beam with a hard death crash into a maple tree. and yes..... I'm still looking for that two inches!

This buck rounds out a Trifecta for our hunt club this year. Chris from Kentucky with a 4 year old 146", myself with a 6 year old 174" and Al's 150". Many of you may know, that the past few years I've ran a small guide service in October-November. I took the 2017-2018 year off and took 2 of my dependable hunters from previous years and ran more a hunt club. They were aloud to come and go, hunt whenever and wherever they pleased with only limitation being they had to help with food plots and hanging stands. It has worked out great and plan to continue this set-up until my kids are ready to start hunting. Then I'll have to save all the bucks for them. Until that day...I hope to have more years like this.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Wow!! The trail cams pics definitely shows that he has problems. I’d say you did the right thing! Great buck and you da man Corey:thumbs_up

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Nice AR.
Why do you call them hunt club members instead of clients?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Nice racks, yes that 150" sure doesn't look too healthy. I'd be testing before I fed him to my family.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Beautiful bucks! Congrats to you and your friends.

I'd definitely say something was wrong with the one in the corn, he looks sick.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Great season Corey....congrats!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
very nice! that last buck (I assume is yours?) has an absolute beautiful cape to go with that nice set of antlers, hope you are shoulder mounting that deer, he would make an awesome mount, or at least kept the cape for a future buck.

well done all around guys.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thats pretty cool Corey, I had two pairs of guys in on my farm this past year and they had a good time. Im having the bowhunters back in 2018 and it looks to be something Ill continue to do till my kiddo gets older was you mentioned. Ill follow on BookFace.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts